Easy DIY Tripod Lamp

$60

Need a cute tripod lamp but don't want to spend too much? Here's a really easy way to do it yourself! It's so easy anybody can do it! Follow the step by step instructions below, or click on the video to watch!
The first thing I did was gather my pieces of wood. I simply went to Home Depot and picked up three pieces the same length. Depending on the size you want it you can make them as tall or short as you wish. I measured mine to approximately 53 inches
I then cut one side of each piece of wood at a slight angle.
I then cut one end of each of the wood pieces to a slight angle.
Using a scrap piece of wood and hinges I attached the angled side of the wood to the scrap piece that will work as a base to attach the lamp kit.
If you don't have wood available head to your local hardware store to pick up a simple square piece roughly 6"x6" and an inch thick.
Using thee hinges was not only an easy way to attach the legs of the lamp, but also made it adjustable. If you wanted a wider lamp adjust the legs out, if you want a taller skinnier lamp pull the legs in!
I then chose a stain and stained all the legs and base piece of wood.
I wanted to add a little spice to the lamp so I taped the bottom 6" off and painted it white. I simply peeled the tape off after painting
After all the wood was put together it was time for the lamp kit. From here you pretty much follow the instructions on the package. I drilled a hole through the base for the cord to wire through.
I added this lamp from Ikea to finish it off!
And there's the finished product!

This was a really simple lamp that I think anybody could do on their own! Good Luck!

• Jodee Helm

What angle did you cut the top part of the legs?

• Robyn Garner

Nice project and I have the same question about the angle! 😎

Also, with adjustable hinges does this slide open on tile floors?

• Joyce

I love this idea & was wondering if it could be done to be end table lamps & if so how long should the pieces of wood be?

• Mary Craig

You could also hide the wire by tacking it along a narrow edge of one of the leg boards, or for super advanced folks, use a router to create a channel for the wire to tuck into and hide.

• Louis

Thank you very much for this idea !

I followed your manufacturing steps and the results are really great at my home!

Look at this :