DIY Crate Coffee Table

$70

We all know it can get pretty expensive when redecorating any room in your house, especially new furniture. I knew that I wanted a new coffee table, but was not going to spend an arm and a leg on a new one. So I made one using wood crates! I found my crates at Michaels Arts & Crafts. I was able to use a 50% off coupon on each of them, making them about $7.50 each. This Crate Coffee Table made out of wood

diy crate coffee table

diy crate coffee table

supplies: 4 wood crates 1 piece heavy duty plywood 1 can of wood stain foam or paint brush for stain 4 caster wheels with locks 24 5/8 wood screws electric wood sander (if sanding edges) 4 small L brackets

diy crate coffee table, painted furniture

Stain or paint the top of your plywood and wood crates. You can use a foam brush, paint brush, or for more control use a towel or rag. Allow the crates to dry and keep in mind you will want to put on at least two coats.

Once the stain/paint is completely dry then screw your caster wheels to the bottom of your plywood.

Now the fun part begins! Your coffee table starts really coming together. Put your crates together how you want and drill them together. Drill 4 screws at the bottom of each crate to the plywood.

After fastening the crates to your base, you will want to use a few screws to connect the crates together. This will give better stability.

Once all four crates are screwed securely together, you will want to measure the space in-between them so that you can cut a piece of plywood to fit.

Once you have measure cut your plywood and stain it.

While your piece of plywood is drying you can screw in your L brackets.

Put your piece of plywood in and enjoy your hard work!

Tara @ Anything & Everything