Asked on Aug 5, 2018

Wrought Iron planters different options for Coconut liners

1401470Jerry DeYoungThelma
+5

Does anyone have a solution for replacement liners for wrought iron planters. Tired of replacing coconut liners every year.

Thanks

db

• How about burlap, David?

• Lori
    Lori

What about rope? I was thinking like a big thick twine but you could use any kind, just start at the botton and wind your way up the insides. Black rope would look sharp. You could line them with burlap or a disposable diaper to help hold water. You could also weave the rope in and out of the wire basket.

Another idea is moss for a real earthiness look. :)

• Karen Ardillo
    Karen Ardillo

How's landscape fabric? Line the wrought iron, line with fabric (I secured the fabric with tape until finished to ensure it stayed in place), plant and enjoy!!

• Thelma
    Thelma

I'd weave hemp rope {or plastic, brightly colored rope} around or in & out on them, then put a pot with good drainage inside the wrought iron planter (the rope would keep everyone from seeing the pot inside and the inner pot would keep the soil off the rope which would prevent its rotting away.

• Jerry DeYoung
    Jerry DeYoung

I use burlap and disposable diapers or bed pads

• 1401470
    1401470

I've seen burlap bags used but they would need to be replaced as well. If you could make a mold you might be able to create something.