Can anyone help my identify this plant please

+12

This plant also showed up in a spot in my garden so I decided to let it grow. It has stretched out across the ground and has pointed tips that look like they may bloom

q can anyone help my identify this plant please
  • Thelma Thelma on Aug 05, 2018

This is a weed, get rid of it before it blooms and scatters seed all over the flower bed and lawn.

• Millie Millie on Aug 05, 2018

Tear off a leaf and see if it smells like miint. If it is, it's your choice. 1 It's invasive so you'd have to keep it in check by pulling or digging some out periodically. 2. It keeps spiders away, they hate the smell of mint.

• Kara Vonbehren Kara Vonbehren on Aug 05, 2018

I have these also, they have stickers- it’s a weed.

• Jeanette Jeanette on Aug 06, 2018

Looks like a weed but do crush a leaf in your hand as some basil will grow close to the ground if it grows wild after a couple of years.

• Karen Pullen Karen Pullen on Aug 06, 2018

Not basil; definitely a weed. Echo what Thelma said about getting rid of it quickly before you have to worry about the seeds dropping and scattering when you pull it out. Looks like pigweed, though I can't see the stem very well. Here's a photo:

• Barb Barb on Aug 06, 2018

Also, if the stem is square then it's a mint.

• Debra L Forry Debra L Forry on Aug 06, 2018

If the leaves have a slightly fuzzy texture it could be Horehound. It comes in white and pink. It is invasive and needs tending, but it has long been used as a liver detox and to support colds and sore throat.

• Kim Casper Kim Casper on Aug 06, 2018

It showed up in two different places around outside. I watched it for a few weeks to see if it would flower....it got so huge that it took over quickly and I yanked it out. Family made joke that it was a n alien form trying to blend in as a plant.☺️

• Merelyn sale Merelyn sale on Aug 07, 2018

All are right. It's a weed lucky you. ha