Ivylore
Ivylore
  • Trenton, MI

Finishing Touch With Edging Stones

Last season I converted my entire backyard into a flower garden. One of the things I did was to edge the garden with plastic edging. It looked fine. This year I decided to pretty it up a little. So I dug up the dirt between the plastic edging and the driveway. I needed about 2 inches of space so that the pretty scalloped concrete edging stones would fit. After I had dug out the dirt I was able to place the
finishing touch with edging stones, concrete masonry, flowers, gardening, landscape
Digging out the dirt to make space for the edging stones
I also have some decorative rocks that I placed at the foot of the pathways.
How it looks now
The curve was a little difficult since I did not have any curved concrete sections :(
Looks so much more inviting now.

• Karen Cederquist

It looks fake! What people do not understand is that yards and walkways look much better with natural material.

• Karen Cederquist

As long as you like it, okay. But you said you didn't have enough rock to finish it. Take a drive out to the countryside, and you would find tons of rocks for free, just along the roadsides. And, companies that grind gravel to make cement would be glad to recycle your cement , so seventies, border.

• Valerie

I think the edging looks great - and if you were using what you already had, so much the better!