Lingerie Cabinet Makeover
I found this poor piece for sale, and decided to rescue it! Sometimes when I see a piece, it just speaks to me. This piece said “hey, I can be adorable.”
Here you can see the piece as I found it. Now, I knew one drawer was broken....but didn’t realize another one was broken and missing the back. *sigh* I guess I should have checked a little better, but oh well!
Yup, I forgot to take pictures of the sanding process. However, I ALWAYS sand a piece even if I am going to paint it completely. I went with a soft gray chalk paint....and put a shelf in the top to replace the drawer that had a missing back, adding a bit of trim to make sure it looked finished!
Let me say...I painted the drawers about 4 or 5 times before I decided on the gradient! I just can’t stop until I am happy with the end result. I was sending pictures to a couple of friends...at one point one friend said they looked like sheep faces, lol. Glad I opted to go with the gradient/ombré look instead. I used General finishes wipe on satin finish to seal it.
I replaced the handles with these cute knobs I had left from another project.
I lined the drawers with contact paper.
And the finished before and after! It sold the day I posted it for sale!
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info