Take Your Bathroom From Builder Grade to Custom Made!

$300

It's amazing how updating your vanity and floor can completely transform your bathroom and make it look brand new! This is a project ANYONE can do! I'm going to show you just how easy this is.

Want to do this project? Get your custom project kit here. It includes step by step instructions, products shipped to your door, and one-on-one DIY support if you have questions!
take your bathroom from builder grade to custom made
This is the bathroom before. Very bland. No character.
The vanity had good bones, but no style!
You'll want to do your vanity first. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite. Scroll down to see what a remarkable difference it made to the entire room!
The floor was primed, painted, and stenciled. This is a weekend project anyone can do!
I used the Fabiloa stencil by Cutting Edge Stencils.

To stencil:
  1. Lightly sand your tile to rough up the surface. Vacuum up any debris when done sanding.
  2. Clean surface and rinse entire floor with clear water rinse to be sure to remove any residue left behind by sanding or cleaning.
  3. Tape off all walls or trim or any immovable items that you do not want paint on.
  4. Apply your coats of primer and base paint, allowing each coat to dry fully in between.
  5. Be sure your stencil is flat before you start! Once your stencil is positioned apply your paint to your roller and BE SURE TO OFFLOAD EXCESS PAINT. Use a light hand and gently roll the paint over your stencil.  
Close up of the beautiful stenciled floor.
The finished bathroom
If you've been wishing for a bathroom makeover, I hope this inspires you to finally give it a go and update your bathroom! Remember, you CAN do it!

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 14, 2018 11:27 AM - More info
Hometalk Highlights

• Moz32353800
    Yesterday

what paint do you use on your floor tile that will not peel or scuff from walking on it or come up when mopping? It's very pretty.

• Rhonda
      20 hours ago

Thank you! I only use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint for these projects due to the superb adhesion. In combination with my prep routine and a quality primer and topcoat this floor will last beautifully for years to come!

• I hate my shower tile. It is Harvest Gold from the 70’s!!! How can you paint that stuff to go with this make over???

• Rhonda
      20 hours ago

Hi Pam,

Shower tiles are a bit of a different animal because they are exposed to sitting water. Of course, if I had harvest gold tiles in my shower I would give my painted tile process a go. You can bet that I am going to find someone to test this for me!

Blessings,

Rhonda

• Paula
    31 minutes ago

I love this. Could you please tell me which roller you used? And did you use a brush on the cabinets?

• Kim29506799
    Yesterday

WOW that was am amazing transformation. I didnt know you could paint tile without it being to soft to handle traffic. Great job!!

• Wal31541960
    19 hours ago

Beautiful Rhonda, look forward to other updates to your bath. Thanks for sharing your expertise on a great makeover. Joe Joe would be proud of you and you know what else she would do? She would paint or replace the door in the photo with a beautiful door 🚪 to complement the beautiful bathroom. I would just apply stainable primer to a perfectly fine door then apply an awesome stain color, and wala new awesome door!!! ;) Great work!! ;)