Chris Kugler
Chris Kugler
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Orting, WA

Melted Crayons Art

$15

It is nearly fall and this is one of my favorite projects with my grandkids. We did art on canvas and pumpkins.
melted crayons art
we used real pumpkins. White ones are the most lovely. Gather your crayons and decide what colors you want to use.
melted crayons art
peal the paper of of the ends of the crayons and hold them next to the pumpkin. Use a hair dryer to heat up the crayons and watch them melt. This project is messy. Be sure you have lots of paper or newspapers to keep your work space clean. It will dry very quickly
melted crayons art
Then we did this on canvas. Lean the canvas against the wall in the floor. Tape newspaper to the walls and floor because it will splatter. In this one we only pealed the ends of the crayons. Then glue the crayons on the canvas. E60 works best. But if you're careful with how you handle the finished piece you can use hot glue. The crayons can pop off with hot glue.
melted crayons art
melted crayons art
After doing this with my grands I taught a group of dear ladies. They were so creative
melted crayons art
melted crayons art
The blue tape is painters tape. Tape off areas you want to keep white. That shows the pattern when you are done.
melted crayons art

• Debra McMenamin
    2 hours ago

Looks like lots of fun for all! Love projects involving kids. I hope my grandson loves crafting as much as I do!

• Chris Kugler
    33 minutes ago

I do too v it is such a great way to bond. My grandson's crafted until they were in the teens