My Patch of Blue Sky
My Patch of Blue Sky
  • Greensboro, NC

Use Impatiens And Baskets To Get A Quick Gorgeous Garden Look

I love fabulous gardens. Sadly, I hate to garden. Here's a 10-minute solution to getting a quick, pretty look in the shade using impatiens and baskets!
use impatiens and baskets to get a quick gorgeous garden look, container gardening, gardening
Our front courtyard is weird. The left side is in complete shade and the right side is completely sunny. After years of experimentation with plants, I finally have the combination for success. Simple, simple, simple, plus yard accessories like chairs and metal objects from Egypt on the walls.
Find two containers like these two simple baskets and if needed, line with plastic, adding some holes for drainage. Fill with potting soil and plant some impatiens which is perfect for shady areas. Water daily.
Voila! In a few days your little garden looks like you really know what you're doing. My favorite kind of project!

My Patch of Blue Sky

• Linda J S

Selling impatients like crazy in Texas

• Shawna Whorton

would love to see the rest of your courtyard. I have the same problem with half shade and half full sun - it's kicking me to the corner and back and I just keep trying different ideas but not happy with any so far