Thrift Store Vanity Makeover With Blue Metallic Paint

$20

I gave my daughter’s drab and tired thrift store vanity a makeover with shimmering blue metallic paint from https://decoart.com/products/ and she loves it! This is definitely my new favorite blue! You’ll see the gorgeous sheen in the photos below. The finish is so smooth and the paint goes on like a dream!
thrift store vanity makeover with blue metallic paint
Here is the shimmer I was talking about. This is a new product from DecoArt called Matte Metallics and I’m in love! I seriously have to make something mermaid with this color. It’s perfect for that!
There was little to no prep work for this vanity. I just wiped it down and lightly sanded it. Then I gave it two coats of the gorgeous matte metallic paint letting it dry in between. I do plan to change the knob out with a glass knob as I really think that will add to the elegance.
There is nothing like a before and after photo to really show the difference. I've said it many times, but there really is nothing like a coat of paint to update an old piece of furniture!
I hope you enjoyed this thrift store makeover and will check out my other projects. For more thrifty home decorating and craft ideas, please visit my website here https://ourcraftymom.com/ Have a great day!

Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. Prices updated as of August 11, 2018 10:55 PM - More info
Our Crafty Mom