Painted Shower Tile

$50

Hi, I'm Amber Oliver! I hope if you enjoy this project you'll also stop by my blog!

Tearing and replacing the tile in your shower is expensive, difficult, and time consuming! Not to mention the tools required to cut tile are pretty pricey too! While I wouldn't recommend a tile project for a beginner DIYer, this project is one you can do no matter your skill level! If you can read and follow directions, you can transform your dated tile shower with a little bit of PAINT!

I teamed up with a Hometalker in my community who had wanted to transform her bathroom for a while but needed a bit of help and guidance. With my help, we created a space she loved!

If you're in the Houston area, I can help you create this look for your home! Click here to see how I can help you & send me a message to get started!

*Be sure to read the product instructions in their entirety; but here's the run down!*

The first thing you need to do is clean the tile. Start with soap and water then use alcohol to remove any residual residue.

Next you'll scour the tile with the steel wool or 400 grit sandpaper

Now mesure out and mix up the cleaner then throughly clean the entire surface area with TSP

You'll repeat this process twice.

After the surface dries, you can tape off using painters tape. don't forget around your faucets!

Safety first! The epoxy has a strong odor so be sure you have plenty of ventilation and wear proper safety gear!

Now it's time to paint!

Use a roller to cover large sections of the tile, and a smaller paint brush to cut in around the edges.

Brush marks will start to level out and disappear after a few minutes.

Your first coat serves as a base so don't try to get full coverage just yet!

Your first coat must sit for 3 hours, then you immediately apply the second coat. If you don't get the 2nd coat applied within 1 hour of letting it set, you must wait 72 hours for the 2nd coat. You repeat the same time line for a 3rd coat if needed. 

Here's the product we used!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

The finished project totally transformed this dated blue tile!

If you LOVE DIY projects, please check out my DIY archives!

thanks for reading!

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
Keep Your Craft Supplies Organized With These Fun Storage Ideas
25 Fabulous Feather Projects That You Don't Want To Miss
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Copy One Of These Lovely Lattice Ideas For Your Home
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
Amber Oliver

• Lani

Can this be done on patterned tile? Is white the only color option??

• Jimi

The only colors I've seen are White and Ivory.

• Cheryl

I have a sink that could use this, but my concern is how toxic this product is. I don’t have good ventilaction in the bathroom I wan To try it out in. How long did the chemical smell linger? Anyone out there have a greener way to do this?

• Jim

Opinion on best caulk for bathtub and tile seam..?