Angela
Angela
  • San Antonio, TX

Adding Rain Boots to a Summer Porch! #JuneGarden

I love decorating with rubber or rain boots. There are many different ways to display things in them!
adding rain boots to a summer porch junegarden, flowers, gardening, repurposing upcycling
Here, I took an old pair of my husbands rubber work boots, drilled holes in the bottom and spray painted them. I planted them with some fun flowers and they added a nice touch to the back yard!
More recently, I found this pair at a local thrift store and added fake flowers found at Hobby Lobby inside them!
It adds beautiful color and a fun touch to the front porch and doesn't hurt the boots at all! You could also set a long vase down the shaft of the boot and add cut flowers if you like!
For summer I decided I wanted another pair for my front porch! Maybe if I collect enough boots, the rain will come to Texas!!
I found this cute pair of children's galoshes on Ebay for $3 and knew they would work perfectly!
All I did was add some blue and white fake flowers to coordinate with my red, white and blue theme.
Placing them next to my sandwich board chalkboard and adding a few stars was just enough! All I need to do for 4th of July decorating is add some mini flags!!!

To see more: http://twelveoaksmanor.com/2014/06/05/more-rubber-boots/

• Sherry

Really cute idea

• Shari Veater

Cute! Living in Oregon, everyone has rain boots-they are a must...well now we can have them on the porch with flowers inside them....love it!