Patio Makeover and Reveal

We installed pavers and created a small outdoor space.
My backyard was a hot mess. No grass, just Georgia red clay and lots of leaves! Over the winter we neglected our yard duties. Looking at my awful yard made me wonder, how do I make it look good again?
Rather than being bogged down by its current state, I decided to focus on what I liked best about our yard and plan from there:
-I love the ivy climbing up the back of the house. We're fully aware of how rapidly ivy grows and all the damage it can do, so we've kept it controlled to this small area.
-We love the look of our retaining wall, but after a heavy rainfall the lower level fills up with water and everything becomes a muddy mess. There's nothing much worse than watching your dogs track muddy paw prints across your floor! So we decided to start our planning there. We created a small patio area to keep the mud away. We wanted to have concrete poured, but it was way too expensive. Our next option was concrete pavers; they are easier to work with and inexpensive. We began by purchasing the pavers and mulch to fill in the cracks.
Once we had the area raked and leveled, we placed the pavers down in a simple pattern and filled in the cracks with mulch. We added a few azaleas. They should be an awesome border in a few years as they fill in.
A big improvement, but there was still a lot to do. I added more plants and gave the area a good cleaning with the pressure washer. I purchased paint for the back door and the areas that need to be touched up,
Better, right?! I enjoy sitting out here with a few magazines and enjoying the breeze.
It's where we have our morning coffee.
We have a deck outside of our living/dining room, but this area is cozy and relaxed.
Now that the weather is starting to warm up, we’re going to be spending a lot more time out here!
Thanks so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed my small patio space.

15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
15 Genius Ways to Organize Your Bedroom
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Brandi

• Candace

I saw your paver project on Hometalk.com, it looks nice.

I did the same project for my son n law, last year and discovered, if you add gravel in between the pavers, it would keep the pavers from shifting.

Keep the ideas rolling!

• Gail

I was just thinking the same thing. Since pea gravel in between the pavers adds a nice finish. Great job.

• Gloria Lovelace

Where did you find the white wrought iron foot rest?

• Christine

It's nice, but why aren't the pavers evenly spaced? It would be even nicer if they were.

• Flipturn

The pavers are not evenly spaced because:

-the land was not dug out and levelled properly first

-there was no crush support put down under the pavers

-the pavers were not individually tapped into position

-polymeric sand applied to anchor the pavers in place

all causing them to already be

-shifting unevenly, and moving apart from each other

If this situation is not corrected soon, it could be a potential trip hazard.

• Maureen

Great job 👍 your new patio area looks awesome. Thank you for sharing ❤️

• Billie

Now woes one clean a toilet bowl with baking sodas soda