DIY Garden Fountain

So I'll admit to being moderately obsessed with concrete and all of the things that can be considered concrete molds. When this little idea came to mind... a $15 solar fountain kit... some problem solving about the concrete molds (hint: Goodwill was involved) and a quick trip to Home Depot, and for once I can say this fountain is just as I'd imagined it! A lovely trickling little moment in the corner of our patio flower bed.
/>

I have this set to be a gentle little gurgle, but you could easily have it more 'fountain-y' if you wanted it!

My materials. Including a solar fountain kit, a bucket and some vinyl tubing (not pictured).

This was my rough design... at first I was thinking the catch basin would hold enough water to circulate through the orb for the fountain... but I ended up burying a catch basin (bucket) underneath the concrete shapes.

My poor globe needed a little surgery so that I could release it from the cured concrete.

PVC pipes made a channel for the vinyl tubing to sneak through.

These cardboard concrete molds are sold in 4-5' sections in the concrete section of Home Depot for maybe $6 a piece. I have most of it left over... for my fountain showroom. ;)

To support the fountain, I grabbed whatever I had on hand and these fit the bill.

Ignore the concrete caulk.... I got a little eager with this mold and it cracked on me.

I'm hoping that this moss and creeping jenny will work its way over and around this rock 'garden' to make this corner of the patio even more interesting!

At Charlotte's House

• Jaci

Can you post the link to the solar powered pump you used, please?

• Susan

I just ordered a solar powered pump that works beautifully with different attachments from Amazon for 13.99.

• Liz

Did you have to cover it with something so the water did not eat away at the cement? Or is it waterproof when it comes out of the mold.

• Anna Bailey

FYI. ..But driveways don't constantly have water on them...there is a 'concrete sealer' that should be used,(can find at Ace hardware or probably any hardware store) water will find a crack or an little spot & if it gets real cold ...it will crack the cement! & since my family does cement statuary & fountains, guess I kinda know what Im talking about. ..seal it to make it last...

• Jo Ann Specker

where is solar panel positioned?

• Terri

At Charlotte's House

Hi there! Yes... solar powered. The panel stakes into the ground so I have it a few feet away in a sunny spot.