Asked on Aug 13, 2018

DIY for old bedsheets?

Alien CarrazBetsyDesertRose
+4

How can I use old bedsheets, cotton, satin, microfiber, polyester blend? Most have flower print on them. Thanks!

• Sue Peet
    Sue Peet

They make wonderful rags for cleaning. Just cut in the size that easy for you to handle while cleaning.

• DesertRose
    DesertRose

Have you considered making a rag rug? Or perhaps donate them to an animal shelter or even a homeless shelter. Also, they might make pretty rag baskets. Some friends of ours tear old sheets in strips, wind them, and send them off to medical missions through their church.

Betsy

Hi M, if you sew, you can use them for the backing for a quilt, or use them for making quilt squares, toys, dog beds, etc. You can make pillow cases out of them. And, like DesertRose said, shelters may be able to use them. Like my mom used to say, "Waste not, want not":) Good luck

• Alien Carraz
    Alien Carraz

I've been thinking on a good answer to give you, but suddenly I thought about my adorable and well endowed wife (who changes cars when the ashtrays are full) and I realized that I've never ever seen an old sheet anywhere in the house. Sorry!