Kitchen Lighting - A Finishing Touch to a Mobile Home Renovation

Finishing touches to our 1964 Mobile Home Renovation. Replace the the old kitchen lighting fixtures.
BEFORE
We knew that we had to replace the fixtures as they were overheating and certainly not energy efficient. In addition to that, they were beige and the rest of the kitchen was white, which reminded me urine stains on clean white sheets. I know, I'm weird; but, once an image gets into my head, it's hard to erase it and that was really what came to mind every time I looked into the kitchen.
I really struggled with what to go with to retain a retro-look and also tie int he rest of the home renovation that is a bit of modern, bold lines and great muted colors.
I spent a month looking on-line at all our options. In addition to the limitations in terms of ceiling height, we were also removing 10 inch flush mount lightening, which meant there would be a 10 inch dark plywood circle under the old lights. Plus the trim running across the ceiling would need to be removed if we went any larger than 10 inch - which would then require sanding, priming and painting the ceiling and we didn't want to add another project after working 2 months on this renovation.
I could not find any 10 inch flush mount lightening that I thought would compliment the decor. What was I going to do?
10 inch ceiling medallions! That was the answer. Once we found those ceiling medallions, we had more options. I think we found the perfect lightening for our 1964 single-wide Mobile Home.
What do you think?
AFTER
Here's a close-up. Be sure to visit my other posts to see how these truly fit into the rest of the renovation. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Are these not adorable?
With the lights on towards evening. Excuse the dishes in the sink and drainer. The one thing our little kitchen doesn't have is a dishwasher.

Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
Dianna Wood

• Glenda D
    Glenda D

Very clever idea. Great Job. Glenda

• Carole White
    Carole White

Beautiful fixtures and kudos on coming up with the idea of ceiling medallions to fill in the gap!