Asked on Aug 13, 2018

Ay ideas for something creative to do with this?

Leslie LongTam21192290Liz33897107
+9

I got it for $9 at Target today. It is a plant stand, but wondering if I can do something creative with it.

• AmAtHome
    AmAtHome

I'm waiting to find a few pieces like this - I plan to spray paint them, put in some batter operated fairly lights, and small decor items inside. I'm going to do the decor items based on various holidays/themes, like Christmas, etc. I'd love to see what you end up doing with it, please post pictures, Michelle.

• DORLIS
    DORLIS

planter with succulents. does it have glass in the sides? then you could put ferns and any other plants that like humidity.

• Oliva
    Oliva

Why not locate plexiglass panels to fit, glue them together for the sides. Install a battery operated, timed LED light and weatherproof animal figurines, trolls, seasonal items, etc., then put the "roof panels" into place. You can always make small holes in the base (use metal, if there isn't one) for heat and condensation to escape.

• Michelle N.
    Michelle N.

Thanks for all of the great ideas! It doesn't have glass or plexiglass right now so I may look for some plexiglass pieces & make a lantern?

• Diane Coverdale
    Diane Coverdale

A coat of either black or white laquer paint and if possible some glass (if you like ) and you could make a terrarium. If white, the arrangement inside can be festive at Christmas. If black you can really play it up around Halloween!

• Jja13798667
    Jja13798667

Hang a small chime in it and set it near a window or air vent and enjoy the music when the air blows on it.

• Put plants in it. It's really cute!

• Betty
    Betty

Hi Michelle I can see a big candle with battery operated fairy lights. .I bought one at Wal-Mart put fairy lights use on porch. .love it. .you have some really good ideas. .Good luck. .

• Janette Dorricott
    Janette Dorricott

A birdhouse or bird feeder hanging outdoor

• Liz33897107
    Liz33897107

Definitely a greenhouse.

• Tam21192290
    Tam21192290

I like the rustic look without any spray paint. Use 2 or 3 various height battery operated candles to use inside or out. Simple lantern! During the holidays you can add greenery, add small pumpkins and gords, ornaments or just change out the candle colors to go with your theme. Add a big bow at the top and you have a wonderful holiday centerpiece.

• Leslie Long
    Leslie Long

An old fashioned puppet show theater! Add some curtains and make a stage :)