Painted Plastic Chairs & Mini Deck Makeover

$15
My deck was in need of a face lift. It is brand new, but a little blah. I didn't want to buy new seating and accessories so I grabbed some paint and spruced up my old pieces.
See all the details at Creative Ramblings
http://www.creativeramblingsblog.com/deck-makeover-painted-plastic-chairs/
These 2 forest green plastic chairs have been around for a long time. They are still solid, just dull and covered in paint splatter.
This metal table and these pots have also been with us for a number of years and needed some TLC.
To paint all the pieces I used various colors of Rust-oleum paint that is made specifically to bond to metal plastic and other materials. Before painting I washed and scrubbed all the pieces and let them dry in the sun.
My deck feels fresh and inviting.
I have a small seating area you can see here and a metal table and 2 more chairs covered with a coordinating blue umbrella on the other side of the deck. On those 2 metal chairs I have bright chevron cushions that coordinate with these fun colors.
Sarah Vanderkooy

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 17 comments
Next