Ugly Armoire to Cute Little Armoire

$10

I found this cute little armoire at a yard sale the family was selling it for five dollars. Since I recently found out that I’m going to be having a granddaughter I thought I better have her own little section of new cute little dresses and clothes. Since it wasn’t an expensive piece I just wanted to paint it up at a little personality to it so I can put it in the spare bedroom. It was super quick and easy
Homemade cabinet
Homemade cabinet
As you can see whoever made it took the time to put the cute little mirror in it but the brown just wasn’t doing it for me.
Removed all the hardware
Removed all the hardware
Removed all the hardware and drawers. Since I was making my own chalk paint I didn’t worry to much about sanding and such.
I decided I would just leave the inside brown
decided I would just leave the inside brown and make the outside look pretty. Are used a sample bottle a bear 8 ounces of a tan with 3 tablespoons of plaster of Paris.
Spray painted handle metallic black
Spray painted handle metallic black
I went through my collection of new hardware and none of them fit so I ended up having to reuse the handles that were on there. I just used a metallic black and spray paint them.
Taped off mirror
Taped off mirror
I went to town with the off white chalk paint but didn’t like it enough to just go over the top with the wax.
Replaced hardware
Replaced hardware
There were so many imperfections in the word and that that I decided I needed to just scrap it up a bit and add some stain over the top.
ugly armoire to cute little armoire
There were so many imperfections in the wood and that I decided I needed to just scrap it up a bit and add some stain over the top to blend in more.
Just for my Clara Ann coming soon
Just for my Clara Ann coming soon
I had picked up this transfer at the $.99 store and it was perfect for how I felt about my granddaughter.
ugly armoire to cute little armoire
I took my orbital sander to the corners and aged it up a bit.
ugly armoire to cute little armoire
Added weathered gray stain
Added weathered gray stain
Rather than going over the top with the wax I decided to just take my Minwax weathered gray stain and go over the whole thing to give it more of a dingy aged look.
She is done
She is done
I love the way she turned out it doesn’t look too new doesn’t look too old and it will work perfect for my new grand daughters cute little dresses and such.

• Cabinet  (Yard sale)
  • Behr sample paint opps  (Home depot)
  • Krylon metallic black spray paint  (Home depot)