How could I reduce the lenght of a window ?


I must change the window of the future bathroom and the window is too large. So I would change it for a reduced one. How doing that ? with masonry ?

  4 answers
  • Kathy Gunter Law Kathy Gunter Law on Aug 15, 2018

    You will need to close in the area in the wall with 2 x 4's and frame up the new window space. It will depend on the type of walls your house presently has as to how you would proceed.

    Assuming drywall/sheetrock on the inside, you can buy a 1/2 sheet to close in the interior after the wood is in place. Cut and screw new pieces in to place. Putty, sand when dry. Repeat this step twice, each time feathering out the putty an additional inch on each side. Once completed and smooth, paint. I prefer to sand with a damp sponge to virtually eliminate the dust issue.

    Without knowing what the exterior of your house is, it is difficult to advise how to close that in.

  • Mona Blake Mona Blake on Aug 15, 2018

    Yes, masonry would work. Inside or outside.

  • Judy Judy on Aug 16, 2018

    Do you want to change it for privacy? There are films you can put on glass that work very well for blocking view. They can be plain or decorative.

  • Sol51 Sol51 on Aug 16, 2018

    no... I want to build a shower at this place and I need more wall lenght..