Make Your Own Pallet Coffee Table

$50

I jumped onto the pallet-to-coffee-table- bandwagon! Here's how I did it!
make your own pallet coffee table
The first thing you have to do is get yourself some pallets.
make your own pallet coffee table
You will also need:
-a saw
-a drill
-a good sturdy surface to work on (in my case, my floor  )
-other stuff, etc
make your own pallet coffee table
The easiest way I found to take the pallets apart was with a Cup drill.

Drill a hole around the nails that hold the pallet together.
You will be left with less material to work with on the length of etch piece of wood, but in my case I wanted a smaller table so everything was fine.
And you got yourself a picnic table!
make your own pallet coffee table

Just kidding!
lets move to the good stuff....
make your own pallet coffee table
You will need an electric sander. Sand each of your pieces until smooth. Make sure not to over-sand, or you will end up with uneven sized pieces. Just remove that grungy top layer and call it a day :)
make your own pallet coffee table
Once your pieces have been sanded, wash them thoroughly and let them dry for a day. This ensures, clean pieces that aren't covered in excess detritus, which could make them difficult to stick together.
make your own pallet coffee table
Next, take your favorite wood stain color (I used Plain) and stain all pieces to match. I put 2 layers on each of my pieces.

Once they are stained, LET THEM DRY. Do not attempt to do anything with them until they are, while they are damp, the wood i more fragile, and also your fingertips will get stained. Wait 24 hours.
make your own pallet coffee table
Assemble all your pieces and drill them together :)
This is what mine looked like all assembled! It's a great addition to my man-cave! but such items are not limited to man-caves! I encourage you to try this piece of furniture in your living room! Front table in the mudroom! Conversation piece in ANY room!
make your own pallet coffee table
Avner Israel

• Carol Moller

I'd like to know how to make a DIY couch like the one that is in the picture with your DIY pallet coffee table?

• Joanie

It serves its purpose. It's a piece of furniture that reminds me of the Family who lived in a tree. A story book tale. Swiss Family Robinson?????? I'll get back to ya on that...lol.

• Divagram

excellent way to recycle wood that gets thrown away.