Cast Iron Bathtub Turned Outdoor Sofa

Have an old Cast Iron Bathtub and wonder what to do with it? We turned ours into an Outdoor Sofa our whole family loves. I'll show you how...It's not as hard as you'd think!
First, Decide on the shape and mark where your cuts will be. Straight lines work best for cutting. Next, grab a helper...this step cannot be done alone due to the weight of the bathtub. While one person holds the piece being cut, cut out the opening and smooth out the sharp edges.
After the opening is cut, it's time to make it pretty and comfortable. Clean off all old paint and give it a fresh coat of outdoor paint. Add a seat cushion and fun pillows...You have a unique outdoor seating piece perfect for propping up your feet!
For all the specific details, products used, plus my lessons learned...head over to my blog. Questions? Ask away!

Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Ariean Krieger {OneKriegerChick}

• Susan Ladd
    Susan Ladd

What type of saw did you cut the tub with
  • Sjt29229935
    Sjt29229935

It looks wonderful and cozy, however, aren't the edges sharp? Even though you said you smoothed them, they still look uncomfortable. Also, I too wonder what to do with it all when it rains? Get so tired of hauling cushions in and out, along with cleaning them.

• Kenneth Morrow
    Kenneth Morrow

I'd like to know where the overstock/surplus is for those old, hard to find, claw-foot tubs are. Some people would pay a lot to have one and use it for it's intended purpose.

• RN
      RN

Habitat Restore's may have them as well

• Val
    Val

Amazing! Love it.

• Helene234
    Helene234

Get the movie Breakfast at Tiffany to see how Holly Golightly played by Audrey Hepburn has one of those sofas in her living room

Cute but too much work for me, need the right tools and the right husband to do it, I have neither.

Nice work though!|