Cast Iron Bathtub Turned Outdoor Sofa

Have an old Cast Iron Bathtub and wonder what to do with it? We turned ours into an Outdoor Sofa our whole family loves. I'll show you how...It's not as hard as you'd think!
First, Decide on the shape and mark where your cuts will be. Straight lines work best for cutting. Next, grab a helper...this step cannot be done alone due to the weight of the bathtub. While one person holds the piece being cut, cut out the opening and smooth out the sharp edges.
After the opening is cut, it's time to make it pretty and comfortable. Clean off all old paint and give it a fresh coat of outdoor paint. Add a seat cushion and fun pillows...You have a unique outdoor seating piece perfect for propping up your feet!
For all the specific details, products used, plus my lessons learned...head over to my blog. Questions? Ask away!

Ariean Krieger {OneKriegerChick}

• Cletus

What do you do when it rains? Do you remove the cushions? My Dad are always debating the issue of what to do with the cushions?
    Is this best where it is covered
  • Susan Ladd

What type of saw did you cut the tub with
  • Sjt29229935

It looks wonderful and cozy, however, aren't the edges sharp? Even though you said you smoothed them, they still look uncomfortable. Also, I too wonder what to do with it all when it rains? Get so tired of hauling cushions in and out, along with cleaning them.

• Annabelle

You have now given me a real reason to get the bathroom done- need the tub for crafts. Oh my husband is going to hit the roof!! 😂😂🤣😂

• Val

Amazing! Love it.