Use a Picture Frame for an Amazing Wreath

$45

I love using IKEA Ung Drill frames for so many home decor projects, but one of my favorites is using these frames as a base for a fantastic wreath. These frames are so easy to paint and repaint over and over again. I used Krylon Gloss True blue for this project. You can see more of my crafts and creations here.

I use a piece of a pipe cleaner in an “m” shape, pull a a wire through the styrofoam using the “m” to keep the wire from being pulled all the way through styrofoam. I attached this piece of 5″ x 4″ styrofoam to the bottom of my frame with the wire I pulled though it.

I began with long pieces of florals and berries, securing them in the styrofoam and then wiring the two lengths up the edges of the frame.  

Next I began adding my flowers into my floral foam. I used my steel pick machine to add a steel pick to each stem to make them more secure.

When I have all of the florals added that I wanted, the final step will be to add greenery.  Look what a difference just adding some greenery makes. Flowers don’t grow without leaves, and the addition of the leaves completes the arrangement on the frame.

My wreath is complete and ready to hang on my door. My blue door is the perfect backdrop for my blue and brown late summer wreath.

I would love to have you stop by my blog,   Celebrate & Decorate for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
These Clever Decor Ideas Are So Perfect For Summer
Chloe Crabtree

• Becca Jackson
    Becca Jackson

How do you use the m to stop the wire from going all the way through the foam?

• Chloe Crabtree
      Chloe Crabtree

If you like you could use a button for the same purpose. Michelle explained it very well.

• Virginia McGuire
    Virginia McGuire

First, let me say, you are talented and this is a beautiful "wreath." My question is did you take the glass out of the frame? If so, how? Looking at it via IKEA, it is has glass; not just a frame! Appreciate a quick answer as I am "inspired" to make this!

• Donna
    Donna

I love this idea! It's beautiful and can't wait to try it! Also, I love the color of your door. It's the color that I've been looking to paint my front door. Would you mind sharing the color of the door? Thanks.