Beth
Beth
  • Athens, GA

Easy Upgrade for Your Flush Mount Ceiling Light

$10

I had a very basic flush mount ceiling light in our laundry/half bathroom, and wanted to upgrade it inspired by a beautiful Shades of Light pendant- but on a very minimal budget. Total cost? Less than $10!

easy upgrade for your flush mount ceiling light

Here is the before- it was a very basic light fixture. I used a can of spray paint, some wiggle eyes (you'll see why in a minute), and glue to upgrade it in the simplest way.

First, put tape around the middle of the fixture, and then spray paint the bottom half.

Next, glue your wiggle eyes to the globe. I used fabric glue because that's all I had on hand, but any glue will work. Check out the blog post to see my method for accurate spacing of the wiggle eyes!

Once all your wiggle eyes are in place, spray paint the eyes and the base, then rehang the globe. That's it- you have a beautifully upgraded fixture for less than $10!

Want to see the reveal of the laundry/half bathroom this fixture is in? Check it out here! And, check out the blog post for an epic fail on this project :-)

Beth

• Bernice H

Hahaha got me at the wiggle eyes! I was picturing those craft eyes.....🤪. This is great! Does it cut down on the light given off?

• Beth

Yup! But those shades don't get hot anyway (I go into that more in the blog post).

• Paula P

Love the pink buffalo check wall. Is that paper or fabric?

• Francesca

Oops should have said first click the link to her blog and then click the link under the pic!

• Jo

This is VERY clever -but I wonder -what does it look like with the light on? Are there tell- tale "spray paint" passes?

• AndradeTea

THAT is creative! It turned out so cool!

• Valerie Burge

Wow - what an awesome idea! Such a huge difference for minimal cost and time. I'm so trying this!! Thank you! :)