I need help organizing my closet. I am a renter...

+4

HELP!!! I have the left side of a walk-in closet. I also have clearly become a clothes junky! From bags to shoes I have it all.

However, since I share the space with my mom I MUST get it under control ASAP!

I am NOT a neat freak but I want to blow her mind and get it together for my own SANITY!

q i need help organizing my closet i am a renter so it cannot be anythi

Here is my attempt at organizing my scarves, shoes, and clothes.

Here is my closet floor.

Here is the rest of my half of the closet.

• Ter33140837 Ter33140837 on Aug 16, 2018

i used storage cubes to organize my husbands shorts, t-shirts and socks in our closet.

• Margarite Margarite on Aug 16, 2018

First I would purge. If you haven't worn it last year, donate. Get rid of the hanging storage units. Buy a hanging closet rod. Top have put your shirts bottom half pants. Hang dresses in one section. Arrange items by color. Get under the bed storage for shoes. A pretty bin or box would work for your scarves. Hope this helps.

• Deb Deb on Aug 17, 2018

after you sort things out, get some totes and fill them with the stuff you don't wear this season.. The totes will fit under the hanging clothes so they will be out of the way...you can also use boxes and decorate them with wrapping paper or wall paper scraps, even contact paper...

• Lisa Hunt Lisa Hunt on Aug 17, 2018

I would take as much put as you can and store it outside the closet. Scarves can hang on a wall and actually look decorative. Super easy to use command hooks and then you can actually see all of them. Add a dresser in your bedroom if you can. You can use a small dresser as a nightstand. And definitely store out of season stuff elsewhere (like under bed). You can also go vertical. Like add cubby shelves on top of your dresser.

Basically, you have your closet packed so full, there is no way to organize it that will make it actually work, so you have to either get rid of stuff or come up with ways to store things elsewhere.

• Mom2K9 Mom2K9 on Aug 17, 2018

While it was difficult, I had to downsize my wardrobe first. Interestingly, most people only wear 20% of the clothes they own ( https://www.thecut.com/2013/04/you-only-wear-20-percent-of-your-wardrobe.html). From there, I used shelving and storage that hung from the bar.

• Ellen Sue Blickman Ellen Sue Blickman on Aug 17, 2018

I put shower rings on a hanger and thread my scarves through. They hang vertically and take up very little closet space.