Re-purposed Cable Spools Mini Tutorial

I love to create pallet signs, but found another fun project re-purposing cable spools. I decided to use them just like a normal sign and paint on them. My sister and I are going to make some outdoor tables out of a few of them, but some will just be for art maybe above a mantel in a mancave or maybe garden art. Here are a few that I just painted. I always use a projector. I used Annie Sloan paint as I have been told it is very durable for outdoors as well as indoors. I will put a spar varnish or clear coat spray for protection too. I feel cable spools will hold up well too as they are meant to be outside. I am loving how they are turning out. We will be making the tables in a few weeks, so this is just the art. :)
Also, these buggers are HEAVY. Have help lifting if you tackle the project.
This one is my Favorite!!
Boring old spool!
Layer, layers and layers
Ready for some numbers.
Beautiful for mantel art.
Gas sign before distressing.
Distressed and looks like it could have been a sign off Route 66 back in the day.
Base coat for the French Chocolat sign.
You can see I have the image projected on it.
This one will be for a table.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next