Anthropologie Inspired Watershed Curtain Tieback

$1
Even though I don’t have curtains or drapes in my home, I like tiebacks for decorating door handles, lamp shades and chair backs. The Anthropologie Watershed Tieback caught my eye and I knew that with items I already hand on hand, it would cost me less than $58.
Anthropologie Tieback
With most knock-off projects, I start by looking at each component and asking myself, “What does it look like?”
Deck Mop
Apologies to Anthropologie for thinking that their tieback bottom looked like a mop but it did. I had just purchased this $1 deck mop at a Dollar Junk Market to use for a Halloween project but it’s real mission was to be a tieback.

I can only imagine how thrilled the deck mop must be to know it will be a replica of a high end home decor item rather than dyed witch hair.
Disassemble Mop
With this mop, there was a plastic band holding the strands in place. By turning it over and prying the plastic apart, I had just the length of strands that I needed for this project.
Oil Diffuser Cap
I saved the cap from a broken glass oil diffuser and knew that with its multiple openings, it would be perfect for threading the strands. Two strands were threaded through each opening.
Securing Cap
Taking four mop strands, I threaded through the center hole and tied in place underneath. The knot also gave the bottom strands a fuller appearance.
Beads to the Rescue
With these two beads from my craft stash, I threaded a pipe cleaner through them and inserted one end in the center hole of the diffuser cap and twisted to the four mop strands
Beads Secured
Using several upper mop strands as ties, I secured the top of the beads.
Theirs & Mine
And this is how I saved $57 (plus shipping). Admittedly, I had the diffuser cap, beads and pipe cleaners in my stash which helped keep the cost down.

Even better news....there is enough of the mop strands to use for the Halloween project.

Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.More info

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 8 questions

Comments

2 of 229 comments
Next