DIY Beach Cottage Mudroom

$280

Is there a space in your home that you need to function properly? For me, this is a mudroom. That’s why I rely on a entryway or mudroom to organize all of our junk. After we moved to our new house I knew my first project needed to be project mudroom!

AS ALWAYS, I NEEDED TO CREATE IT ON A BUDGET. SO WHEN I WAS WALKING THROUGH WALMART AND SAW A $59 SHELF THAT I COULD REPURPOSE AS A BENCH, THAT’S WHEN I KNEW I HAD MY MUDROOM PLAN.

THIS mudroom IS JUST A WALL THAT I TRANSFORMED INTO A MORE FUNCTIONAL SPACE!

The first thing I did was add wall boards. I happened to have a few left over from a previous wall board project. 

These wall boards are white washed hardwood and are from Weber Lumber.  

I then added wallpaper.

Below is the wallpaper I used. I love it because it has just enough blue to add color to this space while keeping the “vintage” feel. You can see all the details on my blog post, link at the end of this post.

Now it’s time to add the $59 bench! 

I loved the functionality of the shelf, but I still felt like it still looked like a “shelf.” I had some old wood I previously used as a headboard in our old home. I thought I could lay it on top of the bench to make it look more finished.

I still had 3 planks left over, so I decided to build a shelf!

After I made the shelf, I painted the wood.

Next on the to do list was hardware. I found the perfect hardware for a fraction of what you pay in the store!

The last thing I did was add a little moulding to both sides of the wood boards to make it look finished.

.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lindsey

BEACH COTTAGE MUDROOM MAKEOVER

21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Lindsey

• Carolyn Wallace
    Carolyn Wallace

Can I nail or staple that over wall paper

• Gail Dyslin
    Gail Dyslin

I really like this idea and have been flirting with a similar plan. How much wieght would the bench hold? I need something to sit on putting on my shoes, etc and I am a big, curvy woman lol

• Robyn Garner
      Robyn Garner
      Just now

If you have concerns you could always add an additional upright beneath "your" designated spot to sit!

• Stacy Dial Gilpin
    Stacy Dial Gilpin

where did you find the cabinet for $59.00? The link takes you to Amazon for $113.95?

• Em
      Em
      21 hours ago

I was told the material list is gathered by the people from Hometalk not the author of the post so often it is a stretch to what was actually used.

• Sandra L Warren
    Sandra L Warren
    Yesterday

Wow that came out great and that wallpaper is the perfect touch of color and character.

• KK
    KK
    Yesterday

This is really cute and affordable. I love your wicker choices and glad to see you used large size hooks. The smaller ones don't take the over flow. If you ever seen my husband's hats and shirts ,jackets for out on the farm. Thanks for sharing. 😷