BEACH COTTAGE MUDROOM MAKEOVER

DIY Beach Cottage Mudroom

$280

Is there a space in your home that you need to function properly? For me, this is a mudroom. That’s why I rely on a entryway or mudroom to organize all of our junk. After we moved to our new house I knew my first project needed to be project mudroom!

AS ALWAYS, I NEEDED TO CREATE IT ON A BUDGET. SO WHEN I WAS WALKING THROUGH WALMART AND SAW A $59 SHELF THAT I COULD REPURPOSE AS A BENCH, THAT’S WHEN I KNEW I

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

THIS mudroom IS JUST A WALL THAT I TRANSFORMED INTO A MORE FUNCTIONAL SPACE!

The first thing I did was add wall boards. I happened to have a few left over from a previous wall board project. 

These wall boards are white washed hardwood and are from Weber Lumber.  

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom
budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

I then added wallpaper.

Below is the wallpaper I used. I love it because it has just enough blue to add color to this space while keeping the “vintage” feel. You can see all the details on my blog post, link at the end of this post.

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

Now it’s time to add the $59 bench! 

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

I loved the functionality of the shelf, but I still felt like it still looked like a “shelf.” I had some old wood I previously used as a headboard in our old home. I thought I could lay it on top of the bench to make it look more finished.

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

I still had 3 planks left over, so I decided to build a shelf!

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

After I made the shelf, I painted the wood.

Next on the to do list was hardware. I found the perfect hardware for a fraction of what you pay in the store!

The last thing I did was add a little moulding to both sides of the wood boards to make it look finished.

.

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

budget friendly beach cottage mudroom
budget friendly beach cottage mudroom

Thanks for stopping by!

Lindsey

Lindsey

• Linda

Great Job! That looks amazing!

• Marche

Beautiful job Lindsey! Do you have a natural ability or did you learn carpentry or DIY workshops. I used to do a lot of this but now don't feel so confident after spending years caregiving family members.

• Gracie

Marche! I bet you’ve still got it!! Give it a go! This project is one of the best I’ve seen in a long time, and looks pretty uncomplicated!!

• Linda

What a fun area in your home!