DIY Beach Cottage Mudroom

$280

Is there a space in your home that you need to function properly? For me, this is a mudroom. That’s why I rely on a entryway or mudroom to organize all of our junk. After we moved to our new house I knew my first project needed to be project mudroom!

AS ALWAYS, I NEEDED TO CREATE IT ON A BUDGET. SO WHEN I WAS WALKING THROUGH WALMART AND SAW A $59 SHELF THAT I COULD REPURPOSE AS A BENCH, THAT’S WHEN I KNEW I HAD MY MUDROOM PLAN.

THIS mudroom IS JUST A WALL THAT I TRANSFORMED INTO A MORE FUNCTIONAL SPACE!

The first thing I did was add wall boards. I happened to have a few left over from a previous wall board project. 

These wall boards are white washed hardwood and are from Weber Lumber.  

I then added wallpaper.

Below is the wallpaper I used. I love it because it has just enough blue to add color to this space while keeping the “vintage” feel. You can see all the details on my blog post, link at the end of this post.

Now it’s time to add the $59 bench! 

I loved the functionality of the shelf, but I still felt like it still looked like a “shelf.” I had some old wood I previously used as a headboard in our old home. I thought I could lay it on top of the bench to make it look more finished.

I still had 3 planks left over, so I decided to build a shelf!

After I made the shelf, I painted the wood.

Next on the to do list was hardware. I found the perfect hardware for a fraction of what you pay in the store!

The last thing I did was add a little moulding to both sides of the wood boards to make it look finished.

.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lindsey

BEACH COTTAGE MUDROOM MAKEOVER

30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
30 Great Ideas For Every Pet Owner!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
3 Weird Step-by-Step Ways to Decorate Your Plain Tea Towels
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Lindsey

• Tanya

It looks like you whitewashed the wall boards. What products did you use?

• Pat McDevitt Lewis

Lindsey, all of the pictures you posted of the boards be nailed to the wall show unfinished wood. The completed pics show them whitewashed.

• Jay Kruger

Maybe it's because I'm an electrician. But why didn't you take the time to raise the receptacle? Because now you can't really use it or if wet things are put on or close to it. The potential to something bad to happen is there. So at least you might have replaced it with a ground fault receptacle

• Farm girl

Hi, You said you found the hardware for a fraction that you would pay at the store. Where do you find hardware? Maybe I missed it. It looks great!

• Barbara

Wow, that link takes you to a coat hook that costs$10.99 for ONE HOOK. That's way over most people's budget. I don't think that is what she bought at a fraction of the cost.... I'd still like to know where she found her hardware 😁