DIY Beach Cottage Mudroom

$280

Is there a space in your home that you need to function properly? For me, this is a mudroom. That’s why I rely on a entryway or mudroom to organize all of our junk. After we moved to our new house I knew my first project needed to be project mudroom!

AS ALWAYS, I NEEDED TO CREATE IT ON A BUDGET. SO WHEN I WAS WALKING THROUGH WALMART AND SAW A $59 SHELF THAT I COULD REPURPOSE AS A BENCH, THAT’S WHEN I KNEW I HAD MY MUDROOM PLAN.

THIS mudroom IS JUST A WALL THAT I TRANSFORMED INTO A MORE FUNCTIONAL SPACE!

The first thing I did was add wall boards. I happened to have a few left over from a previous wall board project. 

These wall boards are white washed hardwood and are from Weber Lumber.  

I then added wallpaper.

Below is the wallpaper I used. I love it because it has just enough blue to add color to this space while keeping the “vintage” feel. You can see all the details on my blog post, link at the end of this post.

Now it’s time to add the $59 bench! 

I loved the functionality of the shelf, but I still felt like it still looked like a “shelf.” I had some old wood I previously used as a headboard in our old home. I thought I could lay it on top of the bench to make it look more finished.

I still had 3 planks left over, so I decided to build a shelf!

After I made the shelf, I painted the wood.

Next on the to do list was hardware. I found the perfect hardware for a fraction of what you pay in the store!

The last thing I did was add a little moulding to both sides of the wood boards to make it look finished.

.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lindsey

BEACH COTTAGE MUDROOM MAKEOVER

Lindsey

• Cori

Lovely! I am having trouble understanding where you used the moulding. It’s quite clever (I did look on Amazon). Is it on top where the shelf meets the wall?

• Lindsey

Hi Cori,

as far as the moulding, I used it where the wall boards meet the other wall. Does that make sense?

• Norma Brown

I absolutely love this idea and plan on doing this myself! I also LOVE the pillows and the 'beachy' feel and look! My question: Wherever did you find those pillows??

• Lindsey

Hi Norma. I found them at Belk and they are currently out of stock (I just checked). Sorry about that!

• Tanya

It looks like you whitewashed the wall boards. What products did you use?