DIY Fabric "Wallpaper"

$100

Love the look of wallpaper but the price tag can be hard to swallow. Come see how we took this Ikea fabric and turned it into "wallpaper." Such an easy project and it made such a great statement wall!
Measure the area you want to cover and add 6 or so inches to each side to allow for shrinkage. Add more if you plan on pre-washing your fabric. I didn’t pre-wash because i’m a lazy DIY’er.

Steam or iron your fabric to get all the wrinkles out. I also didn’t do this at first and ended up having to steam part of it while the other part was stuck on the wall. FUN times haha!
I started by using thumbtacks and tape to secure my fabric to the top of the wall

Starting at the top corner I rolled some liquid starch on the wall then smoothed my fabric on top of it. Work in small areas because the starch dries fast!

Then roll the liquid starch on top of the fabric. You want to make sure it is completely saturated.
Continue doing this along the whole wall working in 1-2 foot increments. Be careful not to pull the fabric too taught. I used a small sponge brush along the edges to make sure they were very saturated and I used pins every foot or so to really secure it while it dried.

Allow to dry completely. At this point I taped all the excess back to the wall. It will look splotchy until it dries. 

Use an x-acto knife to trim off the excess

3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
10 Popular Cabinet Makeovers That Will Transform Your Kitchen
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Jenna Allen

• Sue

Question, how do you remove from wall?

• J

Warm water in a spray bottle. Peel off fabric and wash wall.

• Laura C. Fergie

What about textured walls? How would it work for them?

• Sheri bowes

With textured wall rolled starch on wall first placed fabric with thumbtacks then another layer starch

• Kath NY

Can you do this on a bathroom wall?

• Mari Tarasovich

Steam from a show would most likely cause it to do the same as a water spray bottle to take it off.