Creating a Happiness Pillow
Simple DIY project using a plain canvas pillow, acrylic paint and iron-on letters and applique. A project you might even want to try with older kids.
My Happiness Pillow...was created by painting the background of a plain canvas pillow blank with acrylic paint mixed with a fabric medium for added softness. I also decided to paint the plain white iron on letters in a variety of rainbow colors with acrylic paint. The letters are then iron-on the canvas pillow along with a floral applique for a simple DIY Home Décor Pillow project.
When it comes to using Joy Iron-on letters…
I’ve dyed them, inked them and even misted the letters, I never thought
about painting them.
Joy White Embroidered Iron On Letters are great for creating any color you can imagine.
They even work great with acrylic paint.
To Make the Happiness Pillow you’ll need… (*affiliate link)
- Joy Embroidered Iron On Letters*
- Embroidered Flower Applique
- 14″ Square Canvas Pillow
- DecoArt Acrylic Paint…. Cinnamon Drop, Pink Chiffon, Orange Twist, Primary Yellow, Sea Aqua, Foliage Green, Blue Haven, Purple Cow, Titanium White and True Blue
- 14″ Square Pillow Form or Polyfil
- DecoArt Fabric Medium*
- Paint each letter to create a rainbow of H-A-P-P-I-N-E-S-S.
- Allow letters to fully dry.
- Insert cardboard into pillow blank.
- Add Fabric Medium to acrylic paint white and light blue paint.
- Paint directly onto the canvas pillow.
- Allow paint to fully dry.
- Set Iron to cotton setting, approx. 350 degrees, or follow garment care label.
- Position letters with shiny side down onto pillow
- Cover letters with a fine cloth. With a firm pressure, iron cloth over letters for 30 seconds.
- Turn pillow over and iron the back for another 30 seconds.
- Position Embroidered Floral Applique and iron onto pillow the same as the letters.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute before handling.
- Insert pillow form or add Polyfil.
For more inspiration and creative projects...Look for Sue's Creative Workshop on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Or follow my blog, see link below.
Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Hometalk may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page. More info
Want more details about this and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!Go