Asked on Aug 21, 2018

How do I stop my refridgerator from making a knocking sound?

WilliamJudyHDonna Carter
+9

• TIreland  ☘️
    TIreland ☘️

Hi “K” Well several things could be making that noise . Check to see if it’s level.

If that’s not it:

check the fan blade , there made have been a blade that came loose or you may need a new one.

Then if it’s still knocking, it may be the compressor, Now that may run you some dollars to repair.

Hopefully it just needs to be leveled and you can do that yourself.

☘️

• TIreland  ☘️
      TIreland ☘️

lol “ K” That would be my husband...

He is so remarkable ,

he can look at something

and in his mind he has broken it down and

rebuilt it before you have

a chance to look at it ,

it seems!

☘️

• Donna Carter
    Donna Carter

My refrigerator has an ice maker and it makes a knocking sound. The instructions gave me the warning that it would.

• JudyH
    JudyH

Try pulling it out from the wall, unplug it remover the guard at the bottom and blow out the dust from the insulation and motor using a compressor or canned air. After you finish and get it back plugged up and back in place if it continues to knock, then you probably need a technician.

William

Instructions on my fridge stated that there may be clicking, ticking, and knocking noise when running. Not to be concerned. It's about two years old. They just don't make them like they used to.

• Karen
      Karen

Hi

What brand did you buy? when I get a new one I want to avoid that brand lol

William

Mine is Kenmore. Made by Whirlpool who also make Maytag, Amana, Kitchen Aid, Roper, Frigidaire and some LG.

Keep in mind, you have a "choice" of about five manufacturers, with varying levels of quality from "Poor," to "Awful."