How to get rid of voles?

+9

My yard is being overrun by voles. I have tried everything except poisons. Am I doing something wrong or are they that difficult to get rid of? I used castor oil, store vole repellents, cayenne pepper, mouse traps, etc and they keep tearing my yard up more and more. I tried fertilizing, which I was told if you fertilize regularly, they don’t like it. I tried to kill the insects and grubs....didn’t work! I’ve researched it on line and on Pinterest with no change. Any suggestions from anyone that has gone through the same thing or anyone that is in landscaping? I also heard, but have not tried, using milky spores works but it is $50 for a very small box. Someone please help!!!!!

• Teacup8885 Teacup8885 on Aug 21, 2018

Try these maybe!?

• Diane Diane on Aug 21, 2018

And would that be animated voles or the demon? If you meant 'moles' I apologize.

If it's moles you'll need to get an exterminator, if it's voles you'll need a exorcism. Good luck.

• Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Aug 21, 2018

There is such a thing as voles. I've had both, moles and voles. They eat the grubs in your soil. Kill the grubs and they'll leave.

• See 1 previous
    • Shore grandmom Shore grandmom on Aug 22, 2018

It does take a while to get rid of the grubs. Then it takes a little bit for the voles to realize there's no more food. That's what worked for us. I hope you find your answer.

• Elliebgood Elliebgood on Aug 22, 2018

Since I have adults and children walking and playing on my lawn, I refuse to use any chemicals. I’ve been using St.Gabriels Milky Spore powder to get rid of the grubs (Japanese beetle larva) and it’s a long process but I’m hoping to rid my yard of those gross little creatures that moles and voles thrive on.

Have domesticated cats inside that would kill them if I left them out, but since I strongly believe that domesticated cats should not be let outside except when crated for vet visits, that’s out of the question.

Shortens their life considerably.

Read somewhere a few years ago that if you put gloves on and then put a piece of rolled up juicy fruit gum in their tunnels and cover with a flat stone so birds and kids don’t see it, the critters eat it, eventually plugs up their digestive tract and I guess it slowly kills them.

Can’t bring myself to put them through a torturous death, so I’m just going to be patient and wait for the Milky Spore to do its job.

Moles and voles are just some of Gods little creatures that must be here for some reason... like snakes, spiders, and mosquitoes.

Yuk!

• Karen Kienle Karen Kienle on Aug 22, 2018

Yes I have the same deal! Two house cats I would NEVER let outside! They would definitely take care of the situation! I might try pinwheels. I heard the vibration makes them run away. Also going to plant garlic and rosemary plants. Just hopefully the bunny that has been in my yard won’t eat them!