Jenny Tease
Jenny Tease
  • Tutorial Team
  • Australia

Anthropologie Knock Off Basket

$17

I love these African sort of looking baskets and thought I would try make one of my own
anthropologie knock off basket
i purchase a basket and yarn from Kmart these items are really cheep and you may just have one floating around your house you could upcycle to get this awesome look
anthropologie knock off basket
You choose which colours you like to get a sort of ombré look best to pick 2pr 3 different colours which blend well i chose neutral colours to match my decor
anthropologie knock off basket
I wrapped yarn around my fingers (7x x) and cut I made many of these and I used a crochet hook to pull through the yarn into the basket and used the hook again to pull it back through to make a knot
anthropologie knock off basket
threading The yarn through
anthropologie knock off basket
And for forming the knot
anthropologie knock off basket
Continue in a line all the way around once completed get next colour ready
anthropologie knock off basket
movinv up a inch start the next row the same as the 1st row and continue all around and trimming up and in even parts
anthropologie knock off basket
I have done 2 layers and will do another layer and post pics shortly of it complete it is turning out almost identical :) this is a small sort of basket and has taken about 2 hours
anthropologie knock off basket
Here is the next layer all finished I hope you have enjoyed

• Cathy Hays

Oh I love this idea. So many possibilities

• Julie Lnu

If posting for public use, please consider having someone proofread your writing for you. With no punctuation or capitalization, parts are very difficult to understand and the rest is distracting.