DIY Hand Painted Oyster Shell

$15

I am obsessed with oyster shells. I love creating lots of different projects with them. I hand painted oyster shells in gold to create little accents for your table. There are many ways to paint them. You can paint the white section in gold and used those as a pretty decorative coastal accents on top of a place setting. Or you can just paint the edges and use them as holders for salt & pepper. Enjoy this DIY Hand Painted Oyster Shell.

Step 1: Clean the Oysters.

1. Clean the oysters with a solution of 1/2 cup of cider vineger and 1/2 cup of water.
  2. Let the oysters soak for a few hours and use an old tooth brush to remove any dirt or particles off the shell.

Step 2: Painting the inside gold

1. After the oysters have dried you can start painting them with paint. I choose a gold leaf paint.
  2. With a small artist brush I dipped the brush into the paint and carefully painted the inside of the oysters.( just the white part )

Step 3: Painting the edges only.

With the artist brush carefully paint the edges only in gold.

Now you can use them for food. You can add salt & pepper. (perfect for any party!) or They are perfect for holding mints!

Step 4: (optional) Add a protective finish. You can spray them with a clear finish to protect from any chipping. Make sure you cover the white part with painter tape before you do this. Keep the white part free of any chemicals if you use food.

These pretty treasures of nature are perfect for any party or just using them everyday on your table.

• Oysters  (Online(google))
  • Gold Leaf Paint  (Hobby Lobby)
  • Artist Paint  (Micheals)

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
25 Beautiful Things You Can Make With Rope & Twine
15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Simple Nature Decor