Make a Rustic Garden Ladder Trellis Using Tree Branches

$0

I love using natural elements like stones, logs, driftwood and branches as decor in my gardens. I'm lucky enough to have a hubby who is handy and likes to tinker around with these items and make cool things for my gardens.
In the home we live in now, we have several big old maple and ash trees that are always dropping limbs and branches, so we have a ready supply for projects and bonfires. This is the pile of wood he started with. Please pay no mind to all the weeds and junk, it's all contained in a neglected, unseen part of the yard.
I asked hubs if he could make me some type of rustic ladder trellis to lean against the fence for vines to grow on. He said sure that's easy and got to work. First we decided how tall we wanted the ladder, and he pulled out two longer branches and cut them to around 6 1/2 feet. Next, he cut the rungs, or the cross pieces. Simply decide the width you want your ladder and go from there.
Once he had all the pieces cut, he went about putting the ladder together. To secure everything in place, he used his trusty Brad Nailer. If you don't have a brad nailer, you can use zip ties to hold the rungs in place and then wrap them with jute cord to hide the zip ties.
I love the way this ladder trellis turned out so much that I had hubs make another one for me. He's also made a chair out of tree branches that I used as a decor piece in the garden too. If you'd like to see how these pieces look in my gardens, feel free to stop by and check out the post:

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
15 Clever Repurposing Ideas That Will Add Some Creativity to Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Decor Projects That Will Make Your Home Beautiful
Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
Joanna - Gingham Gardens

• Shirley
    Shirley

how do the zip ties keep it together?

• Joanna - Gingham Gardens
      Joanna - Gingham Gardens

Wrap the zip ties in a figure 8 around the branches. It works, but not as well as the nail gun. My friend used twisty ties and that worked too.

• Do your best!.
    Do your best!.

Wow..How i have i never thought off this?..so kind for shareing ..Sure will be adding this to my projects to do...i have sliver burch sure it would be the same..Thank you for your creation..Its fab love the natural look.. Well done :)

• Do your best!.
    Do your best!.

Thank you mostly ..so natural an cool..Think one would look cool in my kitchen holding kitchen towels..i love the wood look ..deffo thanks for shareing. Kids would be comeing soon for firewood for the bonfire..but its saved now lol :)