Farmhouse Pendant Lighting

$10

When we bought our house, the kitchen had been somewhat updated. One of the additions to the kitchen was the Pendant Light Strip above the breakfast bar. Although it wasn't horrible, it's never really been my favorite thing.
But, when you live in a house with a small tribe (8 kids, 1 husband, 2 dogs @perfectlydestressed), things like this aren't a priority.
You learn to deal.
And if necessary, to disguise them until the time comes you can fix it.
While at Hobby Lobby, I came across these pendant light covers on clearance and I *think* I may have squealed! $2 and change?! I can definitely do that! I guess good things do come to those who wait?! Seriously though, usually I am entirely too impatient to see if this holds true!

These pendants were made to go on the corded light swags you see all over Pinterest right now so I knew I would have to modify them a bit.
Using metal pliers, I broke off the 3 metal strips and circle in the middle of each pendant. This was very simple and only took a few minutes.
With metal pliers, I broke off the 3 metal strips and circle in the middle of each pendant. This was very simple and only took a few minutes.
Using the hardware from the glass shades I removed, I attached the new metal shades to the light cords.
In less than 15 minutes I updated my lights for under $9!
Love it?

Follow along with me as I make more crap for my house!

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
Perfectly DeStressed

• Sue
    Sue

AWESOME! I LOVE this idea and the ladder to hang them from is super but HOW do you FIND TIME with all those in the house you care for? Wow.

• Perfectly DeStressed
      Perfectly DeStressed

Amen!

Schedule, Discipline (wine), patience (wine), a supportive partner (wine). Just kidding! Seriously, it's so crazy but so fun! And, decorating my home helps me remember who I am. More than a wife and more than a mom (although those are definitely my most important roles!)

Thank you Ladies! I appreciate your support!

@perfectlydestressed

• Jo Gunter
    Jo Gunter

Great idea! Love the way you think. I caught the clever window treatment in the background. I would love to do this for the “grandkids” room. Do you have this in a blog?

• Karren Bruce
    Karren Bruce

I think I missed the detail of how to attach the metal cover to the light cord.

can you fill in this gap?

Love this!

• Perfectly DeStressed
      Perfectly DeStressed

Karren, thank you so much!

I actually used the original hardware from the light covers I had removed. By taking the metal circle and strips off with the pliers, it opened the new shades enough that I was able to attach them the exact same way the previous shades were attached.

I hope this was helpful and not too confusing!

@perfectlydestressed

• Alye29
    Alye29

Great job! Now for a complete finish, I would take some black acrylic paint and paint the white tops and cords. That's when you get some time from all those kids, wow!

• Joy Sheffield
    Joy Sheffield

❤️❤️❤️