Farmhouse Pendant Lighting

$10

When we bought our house, the kitchen had been somewhat updated. One of the additions to the kitchen was the Pendant Light Strip above the breakfast bar. Although it wasn't horrible, it's never really been my favorite thing.
hanging light pendant update
hanging light pendant update
But, when you live in a house with a small tribe (8 kids, 1 husband, 2 dogs @perfectlydestressed), things like this aren't a priority.
You learn to deal.
And if necessary, to disguise them until the time comes you can fix it.
hanging light pendant update
While at Hobby Lobby, I came across these pendant light covers on clearance and I *think* I may have squealed! $2 and change?! I can definitely do that! I guess good things do come to those who wait?! Seriously though, usually I am entirely too impatient to see if this holds true!

hanging light pendant update
These pendants were made to go on the corded light swags you see all over Pinterest right now so I knew I would have to modify them a bit.
hanging light pendant update
Using metal pliers, I broke off the 3 metal strips and circle in the middle of each pendant. This was very simple and only took a few minutes.
hanging light pendant update
With metal pliers, I broke off the 3 metal strips and circle in the middle of each pendant. This was very simple and only took a few minutes.
hanging light pendant update
Using the hardware from the glass shades I removed, I attached the new metal shades to the light cords.
hanging light pendant update
In less than 15 minutes I updated my lights for under $9!
hanging light pendant update
Love it?

Follow along with me as I make more crap for my house!

Perfectly DeStressed

• Sue

AWESOME! I LOVE this idea and the ladder to hang them from is super but HOW do you FIND TIME with all those in the house you care for? Wow.

• Perfectly DeStressed

Amen!

Schedule, Discipline (wine), patience (wine), a supportive partner (wine). Just kidding! Seriously, it's so crazy but so fun! And, decorating my home helps me remember who I am. More than a wife and more than a mom (although those are definitely my most important roles!)

Thank you Ladies! I appreciate your support!

@perfectlydestressed

• Jo Gunter

Great idea! Love the way you think. I caught the clever window treatment in the background. I would love to do this for the “grandkids” room. Do you have this in a blog?

• Karren Bruce

I think I missed the detail of how to attach the metal cover to the light cord.

can you fill in this gap?

Love this!

• Perfectly DeStressed

Karren, thank you so much!

I actually used the original hardware from the light covers I had removed. By taking the metal circle and strips off with the pliers, it opened the new shades enough that I was able to attach them the exact same way the previous shades were attached.

I hope this was helpful and not too confusing!

@perfectlydestressed

• Melba

They turned out beautiful, I love the farmhouse look. Great job & great deal on those pendants. Thank you for sharing.

• Shelley Judy

Great project...what a fantastic find! Love the look!