Backsplash for buffet area in dining room

+12
There is black granite on the counter and the walls are a blue/gray combination. I'm interested in a backslash for this area and would love your ideas!
q backsplash for buffet area in dining room, dining room ideas, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, tiling, wall decor
  • DeAnna Outlaw DeAnna Outlaw on Jun 10, 2014
    I would go with glass tile. They come in 12" square sheets, different sizes and shapes, and brilliant colors. I've seen them at Home Depot and Lowe's. Since they are already spaced properly with a backing they are relatively easy to apply.
  • Z Z on Jun 10, 2014
    Have you thought of stainless steel tiles?
  • Julie Julie on Jun 10, 2014
    I think you should bring some samples home to coordinate the colors. The cabinets seem a warm color and the walls and counter top a cool color. You need colorS that will bring it all together, unless you change the wall color. Menards, Depot, and Lowes have faux tin sheets(a sort of plastic) in different colors and patterns. Easy to apply, I did a friends kitchen back splash with them. Just another option.
  • Jeanette S Jeanette S on Jun 11, 2014
    I would paint that small area at the end of the granite that extends to the door frame (which is a dark grey) the same lighter color as the rest of the wall. I would then cut a piece of foam core to the same length as the counter top, wrap it in a beautiful wallpaper of black limbs on a white background and Velcro it to the wall. It would be unique to then attach a red or blue bird to one of the limbs! Then when styles change, change this out! (You could even have different ones to change out for different occasions!) When you Google !white wallpaper with black limbs" there are many!
  • Sharon Kavanagh Sharon Kavanagh on Jun 11, 2014
    Have you considered painting the toe kick black? I did this in my kitchen that has clack granite counter and white cabinet and am happy with the results. It also hides those nasty scuff marks that can show up on white toe kicks.
  • Lori J Lori J on Jun 11, 2014
    I would do the textured tin or faux tin tiles that are like old fashioned tin ceilings and love Sharon's suggestion to paint the toe kick black.
  • April April on Jun 11, 2014
    I Love the foil tin or stainless/or glass tiles...put a splash of your favorite color to make as an accent for the smaller things in your kitchenette...to keep it clean and with good lines...I'd consider ALL the above suggestions ...with the lighter cabinetry(I would add a SPLASH of color and use the space to my advantage and continue this color around the door frame..
  • Lisa Shackelford Lisa Shackelford on Jun 11, 2014
    A quick and easy fix. Home Depot has fax tin panels in many finishes. They are actually plastic. I put some up in my kitchen with a hot glue gun. Easy to cut to size trim pieces available as well as switch plate covers. Not a big commitment. I did it for a quick fix and everyone loves it.
  • Stainless steel tiles all the way!!!!
  • Phoenix Tent & Awning Phoenix Tent & Awning on Jun 11, 2014
    Metallic glass tile runner with black matte subway tiles could really make this area pop... give it a little jazz w/o overpowering the area!
  • Make it uniform, bring the two pieces together to create a seamless wall by continuing the black granite up into the backsplash. Classy. (and if you haven't already, illuminate the interior of the cabinet :)
  • Z Z on Jun 12, 2014
    Another thought, though not about what tiles to use. Have you thought about making it look like a buffet and hutch of sorts by adding brackets under the upper cabinets? We did this in our kitchen and instead of tiles, used wood bead board the same stain of the cabinets. You can even add a black kick plate with legs in front so it appears to be a free standing hutch.
  • TMulhern TMulhern on Jun 14, 2014
    Hi For more variety,cut to size and custom design of backslash log onto http://www.eskandaristone.com Regards
  • Melissa Leach Melissa Leach on Dec 30, 2014
    What about mirror tiles or a solid piece of mirror? It would reflect light and expand the space. You could even add a mercury glass effect with glass. Good luck. Lovely space.
  • MK McDonald MK McDonald on Sep 08, 2016
    Colour wise? I see a light marbly look with greys, blues and definitely whites.