Make a Floor Pouf From a Drop Cloth

$15

When you can't afford to buy home decor, make your own!

That's what I did with this floor pouf I made from a drop cloth. It can be used as extra seating, but I wanted it for a sort of side table in my living room. And it only cost a few dollars to make.

Drop cloths are a great starting point for lots of thrifty home decor projects. For more ideas, be sure to check out these Three Stylish Drop Cloth Home
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
I got the idea for this pouf from a Better Homes and Gardens tutorial, which you can find here. They made theirs out of burlap, but I prefer the look of canvas.

Here are some of my other tips for making your own floor pouf.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
I made my floor pouf out of a canvas painter's drop cloth. You get a lot of material for cheap, and I love the look of canvas for home decor.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
Start by downloading the pattern from the BHG tutorial, then pin it in place on your drop cloth. Cut out all of the shapes.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
To make a smoother finish, I also cut pieces of batting, and pinned them to the inside of the canvas pieces. This helps to reduce the appearance of lumps when the pouf is filled.

Stitch through all the layers when sewing the pieces together.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
Fiberfill can be expensive, so to keep costs down, I stuffed my pouf with the leftover drop cloth scraps, clean rags, and old towels. I used just a little fiberfill around the edges, again to keep it from looking lumpy.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
It's always good to have pets help with your projects.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
The instructions call for a medallion-shaped piece to be sewn to the top and bottom of the pouf. Since I'm a lazy hand stitcher, and I don't plan on turning my pouf over, I only sewed it on the top.
make a floor pouf from a drop cloth
Now I have a pretty side table next to my living room couch, and it only cost a few dollars to make.

Don't you just love thrifty and pretty home decor?

Be sure to check out the post over on Single Girl's DIY at the blog link below to get more ideas for clever home decor projects you can make from a drop cloth.

• Canvas drop cloth
  • Floor pouf pattern  (https://www.bhg.com/decorating/do-it-yourself/accents/make-a-pretty-pouf/)
Single Girl's DIY