Asked on Aug 26, 2018

How do I get a bad odor out of microwave?

BarbaraSkippinsdZard Pocleeb
+7

Burned a small portion of meat in baggie. Have tried vinegar and baking soda, but smell is still awful.

• Kelly-n-Tony
    Kelly-n-Tony

Use an odor absorber with activated charcoal

• Flipturn
    Flipturn

Due to the proteins in meat, the porosity of the microwave plastic, plus the heat, unfortunately, the odour might have already set. This situation also occurs when meat is spoiled in a deepfreeze that warms up due to electric power outages.

• Lena-Jeff Clay
    Lena-Jeff Clay

I left the door open to vent one day then I placed lemons in a bowl and warmed them up

works great!

• Put a cup of vinegar in the microwave. Cook until the vinegar boils. Stop the microwave. Leave door closed for at least 15 minutes. Remove vinegar and discard. Open door. Once the vinegar smell dissipates, the odor should be gone.

• Zard Pocleeb
    Zard Pocleeb

Maybe if you leave the door wide open, not just a small opening, for a while for it to air out.

• Barbara
    Barbara

I did that. Did not help.

• Skippinsd
    Skippinsd

I sprayed with lemon scrubbing bubbles n let sit for hour n wiped out

• Barbara
    Barbara

The smell has dissapated over time. I considered geting a new microwave, but could never find one that was small enough for the space I keep one. I was the only one who had to put up with the smell, so I just dealt with it.