How can I fix this frame?


I have seen people make molds of the other side of a frame and then casting the piece they need, but what product do you use? Or what other way can I fix it?

q how can i fix this frame
  6 answers
  • Pam Buzbee Pam Buzbee on Aug 26, 2018

    is this frame metal or plaster might try getting wet sand pressing good side into it to get detail and then pouring plaster into it. for metal you probably need a professional as it is more dangerous

  • Debbie Lamont Debbie Lamont on Aug 26, 2018

    press playdough (dollar store ) onto good portion to make a mold.Fill with plaster of paris , wood putty or similar stuff and paint . grease the inside of mold before filling . invert after it dries .There 's your piece .

    Very easy

  • Lcl32129107 Lcl32129107 on Aug 27, 2018

    Thanks I am going to give it a try. :)

  • Dmotan Dmotan on Aug 27, 2018

    There is a product at Lowes called rock hard which my friend has used many times for this same type of thing. It works very well.

  • Audrey Trubshaw Audrey Trubshaw on Aug 27, 2018

    Buy a can of Durham's Hard Rock Putty. (Shop around, I found the cheapest at True Value hardware store.) Add water to the consistency of pudding and pour into the mold you made from suggestions above. When dry it can be sanded and carved. I've repaired frames like yours and this works for me.

  • Lcl32129107 Lcl32129107 on Aug 28, 2018

    Thanks, I will see which of the above mentioned products I can get my hands on

Your comment...