How can I update this old, cold walk-in bathroom on a budget?

+5

My walk-in bathroom is as old as the house I recently bought. The ancient pink ceramic tiles are falling off the wall (actual back of the built-in wardrobes) and the vanity and basin are cracked. How can I update and revamp on a budget?

q how can i update this old cold walk in bathroom on a budget
  • Cin33189278 Cin33189278 on Aug 28, 2018

I'm asking the same thing!

• Kay Kay on Aug 28, 2018

I did this to my walk in shower...First if you can, chip off tiles around edges, down sides, through the middle..Next add some glass or. Mosaic tiles in its place..Lastly if you have easy access to the shower fixtures, upgrade them and add a really cool shower head....

• Marie Rother Marie Rother on Aug 28, 2018

I purchased a great vanity at habitat for humanity for 40$

the sink at Lowe for 179 on sale

I beadboarded over the old tile and wallpaper and installed a tile I found at Floor and Decor fit 3.99 a square foot the mirror was 69 $ at Lowe’s

under 500 and brand new look

• id change the tiles because the chances are slim that you would find the same ones. Go with dirty white tiles i think it would suit your bathroom more. the next thing you can do is buy a mirror (christmas is near so you can get a discount).

• Ohiorn Ohiorn on Dec 15, 2018

1st, i look for clearance items. I too would remain old tiles. Check to see if there is any water damage and any insulation. Old houses often have little to no insulation. Price out a combination fan/heater combination. If you replace the flooring consider installing a heated a flooring heated. Good luck to you. I love updating on a budget.

• Dee Dee on Dec 16, 2018

Habitat for Humanity has tiles, and vanities very reasonable. Go to a discontinued or overstock warehouse and see what they have.

I would take the tiles off and retile. Take the tiles off the wall,and get some beadboard from Home depot. They carry a varathane bead board that works in the bathroom. I used that. Then repaint and tile the floor.