Asked on Aug 28, 2018

How to re-do my patio?

DeePamela BluntMamaSita
+5

Whoever did the concrete on my patio apparently did not use rebar because the whole patio is cracking into seperating chunks. I'm thinking I'll have to demolish the entire patio and have it hauled off. Then I'll need to re-do the whole thing. Is there a less expensive, less labor intensive way to do this?

q re do my patio
  • Chubby58

It looks like they didn't use rebar, or the ground underneath is just sinking. I would call a professional. Looks like you will have to have it removed and re-done. Get several estimates and look at the compaies reviews before you have someone tackle that.

Most of the time they don't use rebar. Some may use a wire mesh. Most of the time concrete patios and side walks are poured and stress lines are carved so it cracks along those lines. You do need a professional. The ground and gravel base has sunk.

• MamaSita

Get a professional out there as it could be a sinkhole.

• Pamela Blunt

Several of our friends have done this and we plan to do it. They chipped out cracks on our concrete porches to make them a bit wider, soften the edges and even make a kind of flowing look to it, then put some type of mosaic in it made from small tiles, or a design made from smooth pebbles, pretty glass marbles, grouted it with an outdoor type grout that they liked.

• Dee

I did exactly what Pamela stated, and it looks great now. No need to rip it all out.