Art Supply Storage Solution - Farmhouse Style

$0

Most days my house looks like the Crayola Crayon Factory exploded (threw up?) on my dining room table. This is my super simple solution.

I make crap. It's what I do. Follow me for more DIY ideas!

art supply storage solution

This took 10 minutes, was completely no cost for me and solved the 'messy coloring supplies all over my table all of the time' issue we seem to constantly have.

art supply storage solution

Full Disclosure:

this 'mess' was created by me. I wanted an aesthetically pleasing mess for my post. In real life, it would be crazy chaos on this table. Serious crayon carnage, people!

art supply storage solution

I dug out these 2 metal trays from my pile of office supplies in the basement. You know, from back when I was a big girl that put on actual pants everyday and had a paying job (AKA before I had 8 kids and started staying home).

art supply storage solution

These particular trays are connecting. Which was perfect - I knew the metal tabs would be ideal for attaching them to the table.

art supply storage solution

With my trusty metal pliers, I bent back the tabs so they were somewhat flat.

art supply storage solution

Here's what they looked like 'all bent out of shape' 😂

Sorry, I had to!

art supply storage solution

I needed shorter screws to go into the wood under the table. But, the heads of the screws were too small for the width of the tabs. So, I scrounged up some washers to fix that problem.

art supply storage solution

The washers hold the screws in place and keep them from going through the tab.

art supply storage solution

You may need a hand holding the trays up while you attach the first screw. I suggest getting yourself an adorable helper ❤

art supply storage solution

The underside of my table.

It ain't pretty - don't judge me. I mean, who paints the underside of their table? Or cleans it? (Obviously not me. Anything to cut a corner around here 😏)

art supply storage solution

If crayon carnage isn't an issue at your house, these trays are versatile.

Really, anything could be stored in these. Napkins, plates, silverware, etc.

art supply storage solution

This is basically the same idea as a school desk.

art supply storage solution

Nice and neat!

I am always looking for new friends! Come hang out with me

@  

Perfectly DeStressed