Art Supply Storage Solution - Farmhouse Style

$0

Most days my house looks like the Crayola Crayon Factory exploded (threw up?) on my dining room table. This is my super simple solution.

I make crap. It's what I do. Follow me for more DIY ideas!

This took 10 minutes, was completely no cost for me and solved the 'messy coloring supplies all over my table all of the time' issue we seem to constantly have.

Full Disclosure:

this 'mess' was created by me. I wanted an aesthetically pleasing mess for my post. In real life, it would be crazy chaos on this table. Serious crayon carnage, people!

I dug out these 2 metal trays from my pile of office supplies in the basement. You know, from back when I was a big girl that put on actual pants everyday and had a paying job (AKA before I had 8 kids and started staying home).

These particular trays are connecting. Which was perfect - I knew the metal tabs would be ideal for attaching them to the table.

With my trusty metal pliers, I bent back the tabs so they were somewhat flat.

Here's what they looked like 'all bent out of shape' 😂

Sorry, I had to!

I needed shorter screws to go into the wood under the table. But, the heads of the screws were too small for the width of the tabs. So, I scrounged up some washers to fix that problem.

The washers hold the screws in place and keep them from going through the tab.

You may need a hand holding the trays up while you attach the first screw. I suggest getting yourself an adorable helper ❤

The underside of my table.

It ain't pretty - don't judge me. I mean, who paints the underside of their table? Or cleans it? (Obviously not me. Anything to cut a corner around here 😏)

If crayon carnage isn't an issue at your house, these trays are versatile.

Really, anything could be stored in these. Napkins, plates, silverware, etc.

This is basically the same idea as a school desk.

Nice and neat!

I am always looking for new friends! Come hang out with me

@  

Perfectly DeStressed

• Jus23251729

The benches at the ends of the table, did you make them DIY, or purchase them?

I need them

• Jjqq

Why did you create your picture of crayon carnage when you say you always have actual carnage on the table?? Why not take a picture of what you actually have? Would have liked to see it.

Nice fix though.

• Winkler

Great idea!

• Carolyn from NH

Nothing like getting ready to sit down to a meal and having the top of the table look like a mine field. This is very handy, looks good and your cute little helper will like putting her art supplies away. Great idea.

• Marty

Genius idea! But more importantly, you have 8 kids and your basic color is white? You are my hero! And obviously a fantastic mom