Asked on Aug 28, 2018

How do I fix the bottom part of my kitchen cabinets?

DeeVivian.parisiSarah Barganier
+4

I'm not sure how to fix the bottom wood part of my kitchen cabinets the wood part fell off. I am on a very low budget.

• Nicki Petruzzella Kerns
    Nicki Petruzzella Kerns

Most lumberyards will have a large bin full of wood scraps free for the taking. In our local lumberyard, many of those scraps are molding just like what's on your cabinets. Since you don't need big pieces, that might be a good way to go.

• Casta Harden
      Casta Harden

Thank you so much. I have the wood pieces that have fallen off but I'm not sure how to fix it without it looking bad.

• Byr29997643
    Byr29997643

You should take the door off (there will be a couple of screws for each hinge), lie the door on a flat surface, then glue it & use a couple of clamps while the glue dries overnight. Clamps are not super-expensive & you will find other times you need them. If you clamp it, you could use wood glue - it's not as messy as the epoxy & cleans up with water.

• Crystle Gibson
    Crystle Gibson

E6000 glue should do the trick.

• Sarah Barganier
    Sarah Barganier

It looks like it has happened over the sink; the heat and moisture from the sink is most probably causing the glue to dissolve. I would put something on the inside of the door to help keep this from happening again, like a small strip of wood attached by staple, small nails or screws on the inside of the door over both pieces of wood.

• Vivian.parisi
    Vivian.parisi

you can find scaps of galvanized metal very economical and possibly ad a strip at bottom of cabinets on inside if heat is an issue. you may also use the small squares of screening which you can cut to put in between the the wood you are reattaching on inside.

• Dee
    Dee

If you have the pieces. Use a good glue. I like the Loctite brand. It works really well. Or you could drill a pilot hole and then tack the trim onto the cabinet.