How do I get rid of mice?

+4

I don’t know where they’re coming in, but it’s beginning to become bothersome. We do have woods behind our house and once in a while we will have one in the garage, but we’ve caught 6 in the last two months 🙄

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Aug 29, 2018

You're lucky, last winter I had 44. They tore down an old building down the street, I guess it was a mouse condo because we all got infested. I tried to calk everything i could, finally set out poison that took care of them.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Aug 29, 2018

The problem will only get worse as we head into fall as the weather cools and we head into winter. I would pick up some bait traps for my garage and then diligently find where they are getting in. Check the door seals around the garage door to make sure they haven't torn or come loose. They can chew through wood and drywall easily.

• Mac1718663 Mac1718663 on Aug 30, 2018

We have mouse problems - Had to replace heat pump and guys found

they had chew through our duct work. Have not seen rats, just

their little ones. Have caught 3 so far. Have found sticky tape

that is suppose to get them. Going to be interesting as to how

this works. Had to chalk a corner in the wash room last year where

they had chewed a hold. I keep traps set all the time. Every other

night with fresh cheese. One night and I am not kidding. They (must

have been the first 2) ate a haft package of graham crackers and

a haft package of marshmallows I had I had not used. Yuk

I cut up a steel wool pad and put around the pipe under my

sink - cut a a hold in a old rug and wrap that around the pipe.

that way I can tell if they have eaten that out.

If you can give me any more ideas let me know please as I cannot

stand these creachers. Thank you

o

• Instant mashed potatoes! It swells in their bellies and kills them. Outside, stuff every little book and cranny with steel wool, they can't chew through it. Our garage was getting overrun and we got rid of them with these methods and a few glue traps

• Pla30327455 Pla30327455 on Aug 31, 2018

Get a cat. Most cats love to hunt, chase, and hopefully, kill the mice. I used to have a cat that would eat the entire mouse. Even if your cat is not the best hunter, just the presence of the cat can deter mice.

Cats are natural hunters. They hear the little sounds a mouse makes as they scurry across the floor or chew on stuff. Then, the fun begins for the cat as the chase begins. Cats can nap most of the day to catch up on the sleep they missed when the mice are sneaking around your house during the middle of the night.