Simple Update: Paint Curtain Finials With Fingernail Polish!

$10

Hello! This is one of those “A-ha” moments. I was standing staring at the curtain finials in a department store. Nothing made me happy. Nothing. Especially the price, I had just completed 10 pinch pleat curtain panels that I had made from painters drop cloths for our morning room. I chose drop cloths because I wanted to stay on budget and I wanted pinch pleat curtains. Feeling let down by the selection in front of me, I turned around to see an end cap with several finials on clearance. My brain started moving through the “what ifs” and the “A-ha” moment happened – I could paint curtain finials with fingernail polish!
I grabbed the clearance finials and made my way to the checkout. As I stood in line, I thought, “why not try fingernail polish?” There are no rules to say it won’t work… at least, I hadn’t heard of any.
Of course, that last statement usually leads me to greatness or garbage, ha!

BUT WHY NOT TRY? RIGHT?
THE IDEA, WORKED AND I LOVE HOW THEY TURNED OUT!

It only took an hour to complete and they are unique without being in your face, you know what I mean? Understated brilliance! I had the fingernail polishes already and I have always loved them – they remind me of peacock feathers.
I treated the FINIALS JUST LIKE I WOULD TREAT MY NAILS.
Apply several thin coats and build up. I alternated the two polishes to get a mix of color that changes as the light hits the finials.
Once the finials were completely dry, I added them to my curtain rods
TA DA!!! Easy Peasy update! You can use any color that fits your fancy – and polish for the most part is super inexpensive and pretty forgiving on the finials. I painted  6 finials and still have plenty of polish left to adorn my nails.
Don’t you love simple cheap updates? You know I do!

For more DIY's, ideas and inspiration check out my blog, The Aspiring Home.

Till Later,

Joy

3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
31 Gorgeous Homemade Candle Ideas You're Going to Want to Try
15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
Joy