Asked on Aug 31, 2018

How to clean bottom of pots?

EllisMindy ColleyRhonda S
+16

I have tried everything i can think of can't get them clean

q how to clean bottom of pots
  • Rita Campbell

Smear copper bottoms of pans with ketchup, let sit for about 20 mins, then wash off. Works great on my pans.

• Bethany

Maybe you already have tried this, but I've had good luck with a Magic Eraser.

• Jsp22800058

salt and lemon juice works like magic on copper bottoms

• Lor19166355

I use oven cleaner, works like a charm.

• Cindy Ptak

If you use salt and lemon, cut the lemons in half and use them to scrub the salt on the pan.

• Franny Monaghan Lathe

Salt and vinegar

• Jewell Martin

Barkeeper’s Friend. Shake some on the bottom of the pan. Add some water with your hand, and make a paste. Let it sit there for about 15 minutes, then scrub in a circular motion with a scrubbing sponge. Rinse the pot under running water while you use and rinse the sponge. When you get the pot bottoms clean, do not use them over high heat. If grease or oily water overflows the pot, clean it as soon as it is empty. Annette, any of the answers will eventually work, but it may take a while to break down the stains on the pots. Best wishes ☺️

• Sheryl

Make a paste of baking soda and water and rub it on. Wait a few minutes and spray with white vinegar. It will fizz up and let it sit then rinse.

• Katie Isaacs

Heat em on the stove - take em outside and spray with oven cleaner. Five min. wipe off /w paper towel. Like new

• Susan Susan

Oven cleaner

• Susan

Those pans look as if they are red or orange on the outside. Try the methods of cleaning them with oven cleaner near the handle in small spots. Sometimes the oven cleaner will remove the color on the outside. The lemon juice option and the clear vinegar will for sure work on the copper bottom pans. I use the bartenders friends on stainless steel bottoms like Jewel suggested above. I also use it on stainless steel inside when there has been something that has burned on it. It works the best!

• Annette

I have had good luck with steel wool.

• Annette Charette

thanks i will give them a

try

• K_a7863698

Annette, did you find a resolution to cleaning your cookware?

if so PLEASE tell me what worked.

It likes like we have the exact same set.

Mine are Rachel Ray & they look exactly like this on the bottoms.

Someone mentioned steel wool, that’s not going to work without removing the out side red coating.

Im not happy at all about the way these have held up. They weren’t cheap!

• Rhonda S

I got really high quality Reverwear copper clad steel pans from my Mother-in-Law at her passing. She had used them for years, and they looked great. She cleaned them with vinegar and salt. The salt seemed to make the vinegar more effective and it also acted as a mild abrasive to scrub the pan with a sponge I had some red enamel pans that I could clean the metal parts, but the red enamel became discolored over the years. Steel wool scrubbed the finish off. Good luck. If they are brand-name pans, you might be able to find tutorials at the brand website.

• Mindy Colley

Mr. Clean erasers will take this right off.

• Ellis

Test a small area with Barkeeper's Friend or Ceramabryte--I have had good luck cleaning many surfaces with them. Use a soft cloth or sponge to scrub the area.