TaKenya Hampton
TaKenya Hampton
  • Wake Forest, NC

DIY Window Seat Cushion in Under an Hour

$55

All that was left to do was make the cushion for my window seat. I did it all for less than $60 dollars and in under an hour!
diy window seat cushion in under an hour
I started by having to wood cut for me at Home Depot. I went with plywood as it was inexpensive and would do the job.

Once I got the wood home I laid out all my materials. Then I needed to cut the foam for the cushion.
I cut the foam using a box cutter, making sure not to go all the way through and mess up the carpet underneath. With the thin amount that was left uncut, I was able to just pull it apart.
I laid the fabric out on the floor, placed the foam on top and then the wood bottom. I attached the fabric to the wood using a staple gun. I wrapped the short ends like a present to allow the folds to be on the sides closest to the wall and leaving a nice finished edge on the front of the cushion.
how I folded the ends
how I folded the ends
I flipped the board over and set it on top of the seat area and enjoyed!
For full project details, more pictures, and a list of all materials used, check out my blog post.
TaKenya Hampton

• Jo

How thick is the foam that you used? I make these window seat cushions often fir clients and I always wrap the wood with polyester batting before stapling the fabric to make it more comfortable to sit on. I always cover the raw wood on the underside of the cushion as well. These cushions are so easy to make.

• Vjc

Just wondering why you didn't make your own post instead of trying to rewrite hers in the comment section. She was very gracious, but I don't think I would've been. The worst part is you didn't write one encouraging or affirming word. Way to go, neighbor.

• Ski6366349

Did you use plywood or osb? The picture looks like osb.

• Dorothhy

Plywood, OSB they both would work for this very neatly and comfy idea. You made it look easy! Thanks TaKenya

• Rachel Long Brink

I have been looking for a way to make cushions for my bay window seat. You have I inspired me. Thank you!