How do I get rid of mold & mildew in my shower?

+8

Pls help me. I’ve tried everything, nothing works.

• Leslie Leslie on Sep 01, 2018

Shona a bleach and water solution DOES work. If not use straight bleach. If that does not work then something is wrong with your shower, and you need to bring in an expert. Example, the backer board behind the tiles or fiberglass may be getting soaked from a leak in the pipes and the mildew and mold is coming through. Please be careful black mold is dangerous. Good luck.

• Ghi22279354 Ghi22279354 on Sep 01, 2018

Have you tried straight bleach? If that won't get rid of it nothing will. What type of surface is the mold and mildew growing on ? Ceramic, fiberglass, painted walls, etc

• Hi Shona - This is the DIY and all-natural bathroom cleaner that we use. Hope it helps. Hugs, Holly

https://pinkfortitude.com/shower-cleaner-diy/

• Ghi22279354 Ghi22279354 on Sep 04, 2018

What is Ty. Do you mean ceramic tile. If it is ceramic tile it should come off easily with bleach and a scrubbie.

• Marti Braden Marti Braden on Sep 04, 2018

Have you tried using straight chlorine for pools? Its much stronger.

• Joanne lueke Joanne lueke on Sep 04, 2018

Is this mold/mildew on the tiles, on the grout, or on the caulk around the edges of the shower, along the bottom of the tile where it meets the shower pan, around the edge where the door attaches to the shower? If it is mainly around the edges and bottom it is probably in the caulk which is used to seal the edges from water penetrating. No amount of bleach or vinegar will remove it from the caulk. What you would have to do is remove the caulk and replace it with a new bead of silicone caulk which is mold and mildew proof. You can do this!

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Jan 03, 2021

First you need to stop the moisture. Be sure to install a good exhaust fan and use it every time you shower. I use Tilex to clean the tiles.