Asked on Sep 1, 2018

How can I repair the surface of my ceramic glass stove top?

JewellmartinVimarhonorDeb K
+6

I have a ceramic glass topped stove and I boiled a pot of water dry on one of the elements. This took off the finish and my stove is now an eyesore. Replacing the glass top of the stove is almost half of the cost of a new stove and I am not in a position to do either.

• Dee
    Dee

You could try ceramic glass top polish.

• Leona Moriarty
      Leona Moriarty

I have but the surface itself is damaged. If it the surface is wet you can't really see the burn ring. Thank you for your suggestion.

• Deb K
    Deb K

Try the polish, and if the burner still works, just cover it up with something when it's not in use, like a fancy kettle or teapot

• Leona Moriarty
      Leona Moriarty

I have tried the polish to no avail. Unfortunately the "burner is at the front of the stove and putting a tea pot or kettle on it doesn't look very good. Thank you for your suggestion.

• Vimarhonor
    Vimarhonor

Hello Leona,

Have you tried the glass cooktop cleaner? My kit came with a scraping razor and a blue 3M scrubber along with the cleaning cream. It usually takes care of most stains and discolorations pretty effortlessly.

• Vimarhonor
      Vimarhonor

Oh Im sorry to hear that your situation is complicated- best wishes in your search for eliminating or correcting the defect.

I hope that someone can suggest the solution.

• Jewellmartin
    Jewellmartin

Buy a set of metal burner covers. Leave one or more on the stove to cover the damage.

Or, use ceramic enamels made for model cars or bisque. Paint in tiny dots to cover the white or black background of the stovetop. Do NOT paint any of the stovetop that is over the rings where the heat rises.

Or, make or find a tray large enough to cover the entire stovetop. Wicker would be nice. Just take it off before you cook.

Best wishes ☺️